Family and Fire Dancers

It was a big hustle to get everything set up in our two-bedroom, two-bathroom waterfront bungalow. Even though it was small, the space was nice and open. We had a full kitchen to store all our snacks and even a washer and dryer, which, knowing us, we'd definitely need.

We got the triplets settled in their bedroom and started setting up the six pack and plays we'd be putting in the living room. The triplets were running around with Zoe and Levi, looking at the water and playing on the deck outside.

Once everything was set up, we got some snacks going around and said goodbye to my family for now. The six of them were staying in the bungalow next door to us.

I plopped down on the couch with Lee and grabbed the bag of chips that was in my purse. We turned on the TV and watched one of the local channels while feeling the breeze from the lake. The triplets were begging to go to the pool, but we were too exhausted. Or at least, I was.

Lee got the three of them dressed in their swimsuits and took them out to the little pool that was on the deck. I got up to go outside with them, and all six babies followed me. They always wanted to be where all the excitement was. Thank goodness the pool had a gate around it to keep the babies out.

"Fish! Fish!" said Wren.

I went over to the railing and looked down at the lake water. There were some tiny fish swimming around.

"I do see fish! Good job, Wren!" I said.

We were out there for a while just enjoying the sun until we got a knock at the door. It was Jamie and the crew. I let them in and gave them a tour of everything, especially the six pack and plays in the living room.

"I'm just happy to be someplace warm, even though it's chaotic," I said, chuckling.

An hour before we had to leave for dinner, we started getting all the kids ready. Ella and Zozo, who had their hair freshly done and braided with black, white, and red "Disney beads" were eager to put on their dresses. Ella had a white dress with red flowers, and Zozo wore the red Lilo and Stitch dress with the white leaves. Lukas, being the calm, carefree soul he was, told me that he wanted to keep wearing his plain t-shirt and shorts.

"Mommy loves you, Lukas. You're nice and easy to dress," I said to him.

"No problemo, Mommy," he said, running off into the living room.

Next it was time to dress the sextuplets. We had different colored floral dresses for each girl. I got matching bows into their hair. For the boys, we had different colored Hawaiian shirts with matching shorts.

Once everyone was dressed, we did potty breaks and got our diaper bags loaded up. The sun was setting, and my family texted me that they were on their way. We got each baby loaded up into that huge ass stroller and rolled out of our bungalow while the crew filmed.

My family met us outside on the dock and we walked down to the open theater in Luau Cove. The hostess brought us over to our massive table. As we were walking in, I noticed that someone looked familiar. Like, that I'd seen her before. And then I realized that I had seen her before—on TV.

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Leah from Teen Mom 2. She was at the table behind us with her three daughters, her family, and her crew. She smiled and waved. I turned and saw that Kail and her four boys were at the table next to us with her crew. I couldn't believe it. I was totally starstruck.

"I can't believe it! We're here eating with famous people!" I whispered to Lee.

He chuckled. "Babe, we are famous people."

With help from my family and the theater staff, we got all six babies into their booster seats. A server came over and told us about the show and all the things on the menu, then said she'd be back soon with our appetizers.

I went back and forth between the sextuplets, seeing if they had any preference between what they wanted. I was just going to order all six of them the cheese pizza. They could eat it with their hands, which was easy for me. Lukas wanted the mini corn dogs, so naturally, Ella and Zozo wanted the corn dogs too.

We had to wait for a while so the show could start. Finally, Briana and her crew walked in. I rolled my eyes. I had nine kids with me and I was on time. Her mom, sister, and daughters were all at their table long before she got here.

The server brought us our family-style appetizers. I owed the staff big time, because even though we weren't supposed to separate things, brought out nine bowls of pineapple for all the kids so we didn't have to cut any up. We could just sit there and enjoy our appetizer tray. I really loved the coconut pineapple bread and the soba noodles.

The show started and to my surprise, all my kids were quiet. They were totally occupied watching the hula dancers on stage. Then, right as the babies were starting to fuss, they came out with our main course.

Lee and I made sure all the pizzas weren't too hot, then let the babies go to town. They had cheese and sauce all over their faces, but they were loving it. I kept a close eye on them while eating my food. There was a lot to pick from, but my favorite was the Polynesian ribs. So good.

Everything was going well until the fire dancers started coming out. My kids, along with all the other Teen Mom 2 kids, absolutely screamed with a mixture of fear and joy. Our table was right next to the stage, so the fire dancers were close enough that the babies were scared. We all did our best to calm them down. They settled for a bit, but Robin and Raven were still having a hard time. Sophia and I took them out of the theater for a little bit, which calmed them down.

We went back in and the show was wrapping up. Dessert was waiting for me. We got the girls back into their booster seats and I sat down to eat the pineapple guava cake. It was so, so decadent. I was all about it.

The lights came back on, everyone stood up and clapped, and then it was all hands on deck at our table to get the kids cleaned up. All the babies were given chocolate cake, which was everywhere. It was like their silicone bibs did nothing, especially for Phoenix, who had it in his hair.

After Jamie told us we were good to go, we got up and started walking back to our bungalow. The sextuplets were all mostly sleepy, and their bedtime was usually around eight anyway. Lee and I, just like at home, got them bathed three at a time and into their pajamas. They all passed out as soon as they hit their pack and plays.

Once they were done, it was time to give the triplets a bath. But right as we were about to get them in the bathtub, we heard a boom from outside. We all ran out to the deck. I wanted to cry. It was the fireworks coming from Magic Kingdom. The triplets were so overcome with joy. I was so happy I could be there with all of them. I couldn't wait for tomorrow, when we'd actually go to Magic Kingdom in person.

***

Have you ever stayed at Disney's Polynesian Resort? If I could ever afford to, I'd definitely stay in one of the bungalows!