Our Magical Day

"Smile guys!" I said, taking tons of pictures of all the kids.

Today was the big day: the day we finally went to Magic Kingdom. I couldn't wait for the kids to ride the rides and take pictures with all the characters. Lee and I got them dressed in super adorable outfits that I was obsessed with.

The boys wore super cute onesies with Mickey and other characters on them. The baby girls had onesies for different Disney princesses. They even came with matching headbands and little tutus. Wren was Sleeping Beauty, Robin was Cinderella, and Raven was Snow White.

Ella and Zozo were twirling around in their polka dot Minne Mouse dresses that said "birthday girl" on them. I knew Lukas could care less usually, but today he was loving his outfit. He had a black and white shirt that said "Birthday Prince" in the cool Disney font. Their grandparents got tiaras for the girls and a golden crown for Lukas, which he adored. The triplets were going to look great for their special Be Our Guest dinner.

We got everything loaded onto a bus, which drove us into the park. We had to wait for a bit because the regular civilians were still filing out of the park. We were supposed to be let in at three, but we didn't even get off the bus until almost four.

We walked through the ticketing area with the rest of the Teen Mom 2 cast and their crew. Jamie and our crew were waiting for us inside. She wanted to get shots of the kids on the Dumbo ride first. Each triplet knew they had to ride with a baby, and so did Zoe and Levi. Lee and I were going to go back and forth on Phoenix duty. With his second heart surgery coming up, we wanted to be careful with rides. I was going to take him on something slow-moving later, like the carousel.

Phoenix did not like all his brothers and sisters getting out of the stroller and leaving without him. He kicked and shouted in my arms. Lee picked him up and took him to look at one of the characters walking by.

The ride started and all the kids were so happy. I waved at them since they were all waving back. Jamie and the crew got the shots they needed, then it was time to move on to the next ride. However, on our way there, Goofy and Pluto came out, so of course, all the kids wanted to get pictures.

Jamie directed us over to Tomorrowland, where our entire caravan rode on the people mover ride. But after that, it was time for Space Mountain. I was so excited for my first roller coaster. My girls were feeling scared, so they told me I had to sit in the front seat of the car. No big deal. Lee rode in the car behind us with Lukas and Levi.

I waved goodbye to my family as we were jolted forward. And from then on I screamed my head off. The entire ride. Ella and Zozo laughed at me the whole time. They were brave like their dad. I wasn't.

After our fun in Tomorrowland, we walked all the way over to the carousel by Cinderella's castle. All of the adults took a baby to stand with. I was going to sit down with Phoenix. We found a spot in between everyone else in our group. The cameras were set up and the ride started. Phoenix clapped his hands to the song playing. He really loved music.

We got off the carousel and absolutely no one wanted to go back into the stroller. Good thing for the harnesses. They worked like a charm.

"Okay, it's that time. You guys should head over to the castle now," Jamie said to us.

"Oh yay! I'm starving," I said.

I handed Phoenix's leash over to John, who was already holding Griffin.

"I can see it in your face. Don't worry. We've got it," he said.

"I know. Thanks again," I said.

"Have fun at your special birthday dinner guys!" Sophia said to the triplets before walking away.

We held hands with Ella, Zozo, and Lukas as we walked through the park to the Beast's Castle. Jamie and the crew went with us. Ella and Zozo were skipping with excitement. We walked across a bridge and went into the castle, where a staff member led us to our table inside the grand ballroom of the Be Our Guest Restaurant.

I started looking around and taking pictures of the room. It was the most beautiful place I'd ever been to in my life. It felt like everything in this place was fancy. Until the next member of the Teen Mom 2 cast came in. Kail walked in with her four boys. Creed, her youngest, was having some kind of meltdown, which was drawing everyone's attention.

"Hey, it's rude to stare, guys," I said to the triplets.

They averted their eyes to their menus as the rest of the Teen Mom 2 cast members came in with their kids. We were really spaced out so our crews could film each of us. Every little girl in that room was dressed up in sparkly princess dresses like my girls. It was so big and starting to get loud in there that I was getting kind of distracted.

"Hey, ask the kids about their day. Like what their favorite ride was," Jamie whispered, getting me back on track."

"Did you guys have a fun time in the park?" I asked the kids.

"Yeah!" they all said.

"What was your favorite part?" Lee asked them.

"Mommy screaming on Space Mountain!" Ella said.

"Yeah, Mommy screaming!" Zozo said.

She put up her arms and made "Ah! Ah!" sounds, mimicking me from earlier. Lee was a ball of laughter. I nudged him. I knew it was really funny to all of them but I was legit super embarrassed that my four-year-olds handled a ride better than me.

Our appetizers made their way out to the tables. Lee ordered the french onion soup, I got the lobster bisque, and the kids all wanted the fruit and cheese board. Which of course, for them was minus the fruit because they all just ate the cheese.

A few minutes after the appetizers came out, the staff made a special introduction and the Beast came into the room. We waited our turn for him to come around to our table so we could all take pictures. I posted our group photo to Facebook with the caption: "Special birthday dinner for the triplets!"

While waiting for dinner, we talked with the kids about their special one-on-one days tomorrow. Ella was jumping out of her seat for Galaxy's Edge. Zozo was excited to see her favorite animal: rhinos. Lukas said he was just excited to have some time to spend with me.

"You're always busy with the babies," he said.

"Aww, I know, buddy. That's why tomorrow will be extra special," I said to him.

Our dinner plates came out. Lee and I both ordered the filet mignon and all three kids, to no one's surprise, got the mac and cheese. The dinner food was pretty good, but the dessert was my favorite. I loved that they gave you the "grey stuff" served in a cup that looked like Chip. My Aunt Tess loved to play the Beauty and the Beast movie for me, and "try the grey stuff, it's delicious!" was her favorite line.

I took a few more pictures with the triplets, and then we were on to our last few Magic Kingdom adventures for the day: the Christmas parade and fireworks.

***

Living in the Northeastern US like Harper and Lee, I've only ever been to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. What Disney parks have you been to?