A Very Merry Proposal

We met back up with our family and the very sleepy sextuplets. All of them were totally passed out in their stroller. It was already thirty minutes past their bedtime and we still had the entire parade and fireworks to go.

We were brought over to our designated area to watch the parade. Each cast member of Teen Mom 2 had their own spot for their family and their crew to watch. We were all really spaced out, which was great.

Lee and I started putting sweaters on the triplets and blankets on the babies. It was going down into the fifties tonight, which I thought for Florida, literally wasn't possible. Shows how little I get out of my house these days.

"And look what we got for you, Mom and Dad," said Sophia.

She reached into a bag from one of the gift shops and pulled out Christmas Minnie and Mickey ears for Lee and I.

"OMG Sophia! These are so cute!" I said, putting mine on.

Lee put his on too. Sophia pulled out more ears from the gift bag, but these were a kids size for the triplets. They even lit up, which was perfect for what time of day it was.

We eagerly waited for the parade to start. Suddenly, fake snow started falling and the first floats started showing up. I thought since the park was closed off just for us, we'd be getting a smaller version of the parade, but it really didn't feel like it.

There were guys dressed up as toy soldiers marching to a trumpet song, and dancing gingerbread men. There was a float with a few different princesses, and a separate one with Elsa, who Ella and Zozo went nuts for. But I got really confused when Olaf rolled up and the recording went, "Hi everybody! I'm Olaf!" Because seriously, who TF doesn't know who Olaf is?

After the dancing reindeer it was time for Santa. When he went by Leah's family, the recording said, "Hello Ali! Hello Gracie! Hello Addie!" and my heart stopped. It did the same thing when the float went by Briana's family: "Hello Nova! Hello Stella!"

"Wow. This is why we're so spaced out. Do you think they got all our kids' names?" Lee asked.

I laughed. "We're about to find out."

The float started slowing down when it got close to us. Santa waved at all the kids, who were waving back.

"Hello Zoe and Levi!" said the recording. "Hello Noella, Zophia, and Lukas! Hello Hawk and Griffin! Hello Phoenix and Wren! Hello Robin and Raven!"

"Wow guys! Santa knew everyone's name!" I said.

"Of course he did! He's Santa Claus!" Lukas said.

The parade was only supposed to be ten minutes, but it felt like so much longer than that. So much fun. Did we really have to go home to gloomy Oak Falls at the end of the week?

We were directed over to Cinderella's Castle to watch the fireworks show. All the kids could see Minne, who was our "host" for the event. The castle lit up all different colors and the music started. Like the parade, it was a mix of all different Christmas songs.

The babies slept through the parade, but the booming sound of the fireworks woke them all up. All six were crying and screaming. Each adult picked up a baby.

"Shh. Shh. It's okay baby girl," I said to Wren, who was crying on my shoulder.

The fireworks stopped, and I took a breath of relief. The babies stopped crying too. Minnie, who was right near the castle, came across the bridge. I thought it was just a photo opp for the kids.

"Here, I'll take her," Talia said, grabbing Wren from me.

"Let's go see Minnie," Lee said, taking my hand.

"We hope you liked our fireworks show," said Minnie's voice over the loudspeakers. "But we have one more special event for you tonight. Take it away, Lee!"

I froze. What the hell is going on here? Lee took both of my hands in his.

"Harper, we've been together for all these years. We have a family together. We've been through so many challenges and came out stronger through every one of them," Lee said. He got down on one knee. "Harper, I want to be with you for the rest of our lives. Will you make me the happiest guy ever and marry me?"

I gasped. Lee opened the ring box. Inside was a gorgeous black diamond ring. White diamonds circled around the black one in the center, and the black diamonds went down the band of the ring as well. I couldn't have picked a more perfect ring for me if I tried.

"Oh Lee, of course I will!" I said.

He put the ring on my finger and stood up. When he kissed me, more fireworks went off. Everyone, even these people from the show that I barely knew, were cheering and clapping. Jamie was wiping away tears as she stood next to our camera crew. The triplets ran over and hugged us.

"Can you believe it, guys?" I said. "Mommy and Daddy are getting married!"

***

-When my husband proposed, we were on a beach and he wrote me a special poem. 

-What would your dream proposal look like?