14 | Workout

The next day when I woke up I felt unbothered. I didn't check my window or my phone but instead thanked the Lord for another day. I fixed my bed and played some music on Spotify, jamming out to 'Glorious by Ella Henderson' and did my daily skin care routine. I dressed up getting ready to go to the gym before going to school. Putting on my black biker shorts and yellow oversized t-shirt that says 'thinking past the moon' and black sneakers. Then heading my way to the gym.

When I got to the gym and put my things inside my locker I went to the black matts to do my stretches and ab workouts. 20 mins into finishing my last set of crunches I felt someone tapping my knee. I simply got up and took off one of my earphones. Looking up I see a tall man, wearing a grey hoodie with black shorts. I totally forgot about him, the guy I was a complete crusher over about a year ago is now coming up to me.

"Hey...." nervously he says - old gym crush

"Hey, what's up?" surprised I said - Jackielyn

"Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you but I just wanted to ask if you could help me to spot while I weight lift?" - old gym crush

"Yah for sure, don't worry about it. Your name is........?" - Jackielyn

"Thank you so much. Elliot by the way." putting his hand out he says - Elliot

"Jackielyn, it's nice to meet you. I'll be there in a sec." Shaking his hand I said - Jackielyn

"Ok sounds great." walking back to his station he says - Elliot

I was lowkey screaming inside but didn't feel that same excitement that I had last year seeing him everyday. He seemed nice and friendly, his body looked well worked on and having that talk with him made me look back to when I said "he will NEVER approach me", but look what happen a year later.

Grabbing my things and walking towards him, I see him glancing at me for a sec and then he looks away. I am doing my best to keep things casual and normal. No one ever comes up to me so I honestly clueless in a way on how to act but I just went with the flow.

"Are you ready?" walking towards him slightly smiling I said - Jackielyn

"Sure am." grabbing his weights he said - Elliot

I put my things down and went behind Elliot. As he was lifting the weights my hands are under his arms guiding him. When he started to slow down I motivated him by saying "you got this, finish it up." and he finishes it.

"Thank you Jackielyn for helping me." putting his weights down he said - Elliot

"Yah no worries, any time." - Jackielyn

"Did you finish your workout?" - Elliot

"I did, I finished right when you came up to me so perfect timing." - Jackielyn

"That's good. Ummm is it ok if I could ask for your number? I'd be nice to workout with you sometime." looking a bit shy he says - Elliot

"For sure." - Jackielyn

So I gave Elliot my number and since that day on we talked here and there, and slowly we became friends. It was nothing serious, more casual and friendly. I actually workout with him twice and he was very motivating to be around with, he wasn't harsh or judgmental. He taught me new workouts that were interesting, he became my new gym friend.