Chapter 3

A/N: Big thanks to Heather for her beta'ing skills. Thanks so much for reading and/or reviewing.

............................

“Here, Bella.  You got a postcard from someone,” Mom said the next day as I lounged on the couch, watching the reruns of some crime show.  

I took the card from her, grinning when I saw the words Port Angeles written on the front.  Eagerly, I turned it over and read the words that had been written.

Dear Bella,

I thought it was time to return the favor, so greetings from Port Angeles, WA.  Maybe next year, you and your dad can come camping out this way.  We’ve got plenty of woods.  I’ll talk to you soon!

Edward

I felt a silly smile cross my face, and my mom noticed right away.

“So, who’s that from?” she asked, sitting down next to me on the couch.

I felt a blush creep up my cheeks as I answered her.  “Edward Cullen.  He’s the twin brother of my friend, Alice, who’s coming to Orlando later this week.  I met them while camping.”

“Is he cute?” she asked, and I let out a laugh.  My mom was a romantic who loved to gossip and sometimes, she cracked me up.

“Very,” I told her, pulling out my phone and bringing up a picture that Alice had taken of Edward and me.

“Girl, he is hot!” Mom said, fanning herself, and I rolled my eyes at her.

“Yeah, but he just got out of a relationship, not to mention that he lives across the country.”

“True love always finds away.”

“I’m not in love with him,” I told her.  “I just have a small crush.”

Thankfully, Mom changed the subject and told me that she had a date with Phil later that night and chances were good she wouldn’t be home until tomorrow.  I grimaced at her words because I so didn’t want to think about my mother engaging in those kinds of activities.  

Later that night after my mom had left, I was snuggled in bed, watching Resident Evil when my phone rang.  I beamed when I saw that it was Edward.

“Hey, Edward!”

“Hey, Bella.  How are you?”

I leaned back against my pillows as I answered him.  

“I’m good,” I told him.  “It’s nice being home, but I really miss my dad.  Oh, thank you for the postcard.  I got it today.”