Chapter 11

A/N: Thanks so much for reading and/or reviewing. It totally makes my day! Also a huge thanks to my beta, Heather, for her her ideas and corrections. My stories would be a hot mess without her.

....................................................................

"Tell me everything!" Angela demanded the second I'd climbed out of the Jeep, and I had to let out laugh at her persistence.

So, I told her everything. I told her all about our dinner and about our walk in the park where Edward had kissed me and asked me to be his girlfriend.

She let out a squeal, much like Alice did when she was excited, before throwing her arms around me in a hug. I laughed as I hugged her back, and that was how Ben and Eric found us.

"What's this all about?" Ben asked as Angela, and I parted.

"Edward asked Bella to be his girlfriend," she said rather loudly and then I saw why.

Jessica, Mike, and Lauren were walking nearby, and they clearly heard what Angela had said because I saw Jessica and Lauren shoot each other looks of disbelief while a dark look crossed over Mike's face.

"Thanks, Ang. Let's give them even more reason to hate me."

Angela shrugged a shoulder.

"Don't worry about them. All that matters is that you're happy and with someone who cares about you a lot."

Angela was right, and that helped me get through the day as Jessica, Lauren, and their friends circulated all kinds of rumors about me.

They weren't super nasty rumors, but I had no doubt the girls would lead up to that at some point. Mainly the thing being said about me was that I was a liar because there was no way Edward Cullen would ever date a girl like me. I wasn't so sure what they meant by that because if there was one thing about which I was positive, it was that Edward would never date girls like them.

Well, that wasn't true. From what I'd heard about Tanya, she was a bit shallow, like Jessica and Lauren, and now she wanted Edward back. I hoped she knew he was off limits, and it was at that moment I wished I went to the same school as him. At least then, I'd be able to mark my claim in front of her.

"You okay?" Eric asked as we stood in line to get food in the cafeteria.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking that's all," I told him.

"Okay. Don't let the lies that those two idiots are spreading get to you."

"I won't."

"Good, because,apparently, you and I are secretly dating, but I'm too ashamed of you to let the world know that we're together," he said.

I stared at him before cracking up.

"I'm not laughing at you," I told him once I'd calmed down, "and if you were my type, I'd probably date you, but wow. Ashamed of me, huh?"

Eric let out a snicker, and I was glad to know that I hadn't offended him because I'd been worried for a minute.

"Don't worry, Bells," he said in a quiet voice as we made our way over to our table. "You're not my type at all either. You don't have the right equipment."

My eyes widened at his words, and I stared at him for a moment, not saying anything. Not that I had a problem or cared that Eric was gay. It was just a bit unexpected, and I chided myself for thinking how Eric didn't fit the stereotype of a gay guy.

"I'm out, but I don't widely advertise it," he told me.

"No worries. I won't tell anyone," I promised, and I meant it. Besides, it was no one's business but Eric's.