Chapter 19

A/N: I apologize for the delay in getting this chapter up. RL has a tendency to get in the way of things. Huge thanks to my beta, Heather, for, not only betaing while on vacation, but fixing my errors and giving great advice. Also, a huge thank you to you all for reading/reviewing.

.....................................................

"I hope to hell your Dad doesn't come home early," Edward murmured against my lips, and I let out a small chuckle as I agreed with him.

We were up in my bedroom, the door shut, and we were on my bed. Our shirts were on the floor, and we'd picked up pretty much where we'd left off at his house the other day.

"We'll hear him pull up," I said as I began pressing kisses to his neck, and he huffed out a laugh.

"We didn't hear him last time," he said, and I nipped at his collarbone. He had a point. We tended to get lost in each other, losing track of time, and it seemed, we lost our hearing as well.

"Relax, Edward," I told him as I straddled him and continued to press kisses across his collarbone and down to his chest. "I set an alarm on my phone for twenty minutes before he's supposed to be home."

That seemed to relax Edward, and I was able to resume my touches and kisses.

While I was busy running my hands over Edward's chest and placing kisses here and there, his hands were stroking my back, and I paused what I was doing when I felt his hands fiddling with my bra clasp.

"May I?" Edward asked, and I took a deep breath as I nodded.

We were entering a whole new level of intimacy, but I trusted Edward, and I knew if I asked him to stop that he would.

For the next hour, we touched, kissed, and played, and we were startled when the alarm on my phone went off.

"Guess we should settle down," Edward said, his tongue lightly tracing patterns on my skin.

"Yeah, we should. My dad will be home soon," I commented, climbing off of him and flopping down beside him on the bed.

We laid there catching our breath for a few moments before I grabbed my bra off the floor, putting it on before picking up my shirt.

Moments after we were dressed, I heard a sound from downstairs, and I shushed Edward as he began talking.

"Did you hear that?" I asked in a whisper, and he shook his head.

We stood in my room, barely daring to breathe, when I heard it again. It sounded like glass breaking, and I grabbed Edward's arm when he made a move to open my bedroom door.

"Don't," I whispered, shaking my head. "I'm going to call my dad."

Edward reached out and locked my door before pressing his ear to it, and I was scared shitless because I could hear someone moving around downstairs.

With trembling hands, I grabbed my phone and pushed the button to call my dad. He answered seconds later.

"Hey, kiddo. I'm on my way home now. Did you want to me to pick up burgers from the diner?"

"There's someone in the house," I told him in a hushed voice.

Immediately, Dad was on alert.

"Where are you?" he asked, and I told him that I was in my bedroom with Edward. I knew I'd probably catch hell for that later, but at the moment, that wasn't important, and Dad knew it.

"Stay where you are," Dad said. "Don't leave that room."

I heard him flip on the siren of his police cruiser through the phone, and I opened up my closet, digging around for some kind of weapon. Just because I was locked in a room didn't mean that some crazy psycho killer wasn't going to axe the door down.