Chapter 17

A/N: Sorry that this a tad bit late. I was sleeping, and I do enjoy sleep. A huge thanks to all of you for reading/reviewing this story, and an even bigger thanks to my beta for her awesome advice and beta skills. I just wanted to let you all know that there's 6 real chapters left and then an epilogue. It's all slowly coming to an end.

"I don't want you to go," Edward whispered in my ear as we snuggled together on the living room floor, watching a movie with Emmett and Rose.

"I know, but I need to. My flight leaves at eight, so that means I have to be up by super early, and it's a long flight to West Virginia."

The month of February had passed us by, and I'd had a couple more James and Tanya sightings, but they hadn't led to anything. Now, here we were in March, and I was about to fly out to West Virginia for my mom's wedding.

"All right, sweet girl, let's get you home," Edward said, standing up and holding out his hand.

"Sorry to call it an early night, guys, but I gotta go," I told Rose and Emmett, and they both waved goodbye and told me to have fun visiting my mom.

"Send me a postcard!" Emmett hollered as left the room, and I shouted back that I would.

I was planning on sending them all postcards as well as collecting a few for my own collection.

"I'm gonna miss you like crazy," Edward said as he walked me up to the front door of my house a while later, and I threw my arms around him.

"I wish you could come with me," I said into his neck, and I felt him press a kiss onto my head.

"Me, too," he said with a sigh. "But, I promise, we'll talk every day that you're gone."

"I know," I said, pulling slightly away and leaning up on my tiptoes to press a kiss to his lips.

It didn't take long for our kiss to turn hot, and I moaned when Edward's tongue slid across mine, and I knew we had to stop. My dad was just inside the door, and I so didn't want another sex lecture from him.

Last week, Dad had come home early from work, and he'd caught Edward and I in a rather compromising position. Thankfully, all of our clothes had been on, but it had been extremely embarrassing for all of us, and poor Edward had been terrified that my dad was going to shoot him.

Dad hadn't shot him, but he'd called Carlisle and asked him to have a talk with Edward, and once Edward had left, I'd had to endure a sex lecture from Dad. It had been painfully awkward for both of us, and by the time Dad was done, we'd both been red in the face and neither of us could look at each other for a few hours. But, I had to give Dad props for giving me the practice-safe-sex lecture. I figured he'd call Mom and make her do it, and I'd already had that lecture from her.

"Call me when you land," Edward said, and I nodded, giving him one last kiss.

Once I was inside, I popped my head into the kitchen where I could hear Dad rummaging around in the fridge.

"Hey, Dad. I'm home," I said, grinning when he turned around with his hands full of next week's meals.

"Dad! Don't eat all the food I cooked or you're going to be starving for the rest of the week," I scolded lightly.

"Relax, Bells. Sue promised to make sure I ate right and didn't spend all my money at the diner."

God bless Sue. Thanks to her, Dad ate healthier without putting up too much of a fuss, and I knew she'd take care of him while I was away.

"All right, well I'm going to bed. I'll see you bright and early."

Dad wished me a goodnight, and I made my way up to my room where I checked that my alarm was set before hitting up the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.