Chapter 10

A/N: Thanks so much to everyone for reading and reviewing! I'll let you get on with the story. Oh, and mad props to my beta, Heather, for helping me out.

.............................

Come Wednesday morning, butterflies had taken up permanent residence in my stomach, and I had to keep telling myself that I was being silly, and there was nothing to be nervous about.

Alice and Angela were both coming over after school to help me get ready for my date with Edward, and I was glad to have their help. I had no idea what to do with my hair or what to wear, and I was glad not to have the added stress of trying to figure it all out.

"Ugh," I groaned during third period. "This day is never going to be over."

Angela let out a laugh at my whining.

"Yes, it will, and before you know it, you'll be on your date with Edward. And by the time Alice and I are done with you, Edward Cullen won't know what hit him."

A loud thunk had us both looking around, and we saw that Lauren Mallory had dropped her book on the floor, and she was staring at both of us.

"Problem?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

She shot me a dirty look before picking up her book and then pulling out her phone. She went on a texting frenzy, and I turned to Angela, asking what that was all about.

"Lauren and Jessica have been crushing on Edward for years," she whispered to me.

"Great. Now they can hate me even more," I snickered.

Angela shot me a smirk.

"Yep. Not only is Mike after you, but now you're going out with Edward. You're just hot shit," she teased, and I let out a laugh.

Later on during lunch, Lauren and Jessica made their way over the table where I sat with Angela, Ben, and Eric.

"Rumor has it that you're going on a date with Edward Cullen, but we all know that can't possibly be true, now can it?" Lauren sneered as the two girls sat down uninvited.

"Yeah, you've only been here like a week, so this pathetic ploy of yours isn't going to work," Jessica said, tossing her 1980's permed hair behind her shoulder.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I met Edward earlier this summer, and we became really good and really close friends," I told them.

"Whatever. We all know you're lying," Lauren stated, standing up and stalking off with Jessica following behind her.

I couldn't help but let out a snort at their behavior.

"Wow," Ben said quietly. "I don't think I've ever seen Lauren so jealous before. I think you should watch your back around her, Bella. She can get nasty."

Eric nodded his head in agreement, but I wasn't overly concerned, and I told them that.

"Don't worry, I can handle myself. I've taken several self-defense courses. Neither of those girls would be able to hold their own against me."

My statement caused my friends to crack up, but I wasn't kidding. I had no doubt I could kick both Jessica's and Lauren's asses without any problem.

As soon as the bell rang, signaling the end of the day, I booked it to my locker and met up with Angela in the parking lot. She was going to follow me home where Alice would meet us.

Alice pulled in an hour later with a rolling suitcase, and I asked her if she was planning on staying with me for a while. She told me to shut up before explaining that she had makeup, hairstyling tools, and clothing options in the suitcase.