Chapter 16

A/N: Happy 4th of July to those of you here in the states. I hope you all have a fun and safe holiday! As always, a huge thanks to all of you for reading and/or reviewing, and a huge thanks to my beta, Heather, for doing her best to teach me the ways of the evil comma.

..................................

The next day, I drove to Edward's house after school, and I let out a growl when I saw the damage that Tanya had done to his car. She hadn't just keyed a line down the edge of his car like I'd thought. She'd scratched the hell out of it, and the damage would probably cost a ton of money to fix, and I hoped like hell she had to pay for it.

"Hey, sweet girl," Edward said, and I turned around to see him standing behind me, his hands shoved into his pockets.

He looked positively devastated as he stared at his car, and I couldn't help but go over to him and wrap my arms around his waist.

He put his arms around me and placed a kiss to the top of my head.

"You gonna be okay?" I asked him, and he murmured a yes, but I wasn't so sure I believed him.

As we walked inside, I swore I felt eyes on me, but there was no one around. Telling myself I was being stupid, I followed Edward into the house and up to his room.

"Where is everyone?" I asked him, noting that the house was unusually quiet.

"Alice is with Jasper, Emmett's with Rose, Dad's at work, and Mom's at some charity meeting or something like that," he told me as he plopped down on his bed and stretched out.

I stood beside the bed for a second before I gently shoved him, and he scooted over leaving enough room for me.

I got onto the bed and laid down as Edward rolled onto his side and propped himself up on his elbow, and I copied his movement so that we were face to face.

"Is she going to be charged?" I asked him.

"The police questioned her, and at first, she claimed she didn't do it, but she later confessed that she had. Her dad talked it out with mine, and Dad decided not to press charges as long as she pays for the damages."

"So basically, her dad's going to pay for it, and she's going to get off scot free," I muttered, but Edward shook his head.

"Nope. Mr. Denali is furious with her, and while he's going to pay up front for it, she's going to have to get a job to pay him back. Dad said she threw a fit when her father told her that. I almost wish I'd been there to see it."

"Well, what did she think was going to happen? Did she think she'd just get away with it? Man, that girl is crazy."

Edward let out a snort at my words. "Tell me about it."

I was going to ask him what he'd seen her, but I got distracted by how close his lips were to mine, and I couldn't resist leaning over and pressing my lips to his.

Just like I knew it would, our kiss quickly turned from sweet to passionate, and I soon found myself on my back while Edward hovered above me before finally settling between my thighs, and we both let out moans at the feeling of his body so close to mine. I knew we were on slightly dangerous ground, but I didn't care at the moment. All that I cared about was the fact that Edward and I were alone in his bedroom and his lips were on mine.

As we made out, my hands ran up and down his back, and I found myself sliding my hands underneath the back of his shirt, and he let out a low growl as my hands touched his bare skin.

Before I knew it, his shirt was off and lying on the floor by his bed, and I reveled in all that glorious skin before me.

It wasn't as if I hadn't seen him without a shirt before. Over the summer, I'd gone swimming with him many times, but this was the first time I'd been able to not only see his skin but touch it as well.