Chapter 2

A/N:  I'm so glad you all are enjoying the story.  I came up with some of this story after looking through some old photos.  You see, from about the age of 4 until I was 21, I spent my 2 1/2 month summer vacation camping with my family.  I'm talking tents, pit toilets, solar showers, no electricity camping. I hate camping now.  Lol.

Anyway, thanks to Heather for her awesome beta skills, and thank you all so much for reading and/or reviewing.

..............................................................

“Dad, do you have the laundry detergent?” I hollered from where I stood near the back of the jeep.  I’d spent the past few minutes looking for it, and I couldn’t find the detergent anywhere.  

“It’s in the backseat!” he hollered back.

“Ready?” he asked a few minutes later after he’d loaded up his laundry bag in the back.

“Yes!” I practically shouted.  I loved taking trips into town, and today was no different.

It was a short drive from the campground to Bar Harbor, and we found a small laundromat located on the main street.  Once our clothes were in the washer, we wandered down the street and stopped in at a small Mom and Pop general store.  I bought some junk food and a handful of postcards while Dad stocked up on fishing bait.  

We had a great day, eating greasy unhealthy food and watching a zombie movie starring Brad Pitt.  It had been pretty good, and even Dad had enjoyed it.  

“Let’s order a pizza to take back, yeah?”  Dad asked.

I nodded in agreement.  

By the time we got back to camp, I was starving, and I couldn’t wait to dive into the large pepperoni and sausage pizza that was calling my name.  

As we ate dinner, we talked about the movie, and I remembered that the Cullens had invited us over for the next day.

“Oh, Mrs. Cullen invited us over tomorrow night for dinner,” I told him, and he was cool with it just like I knew he would be.  

After a long day of relaxing and doing pretty much nothing, I was somehow exhausted, and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.  

I slept soundly, and I woke up early, feeling great.  I made my way to the showers and was dressed and back at camp within thirty minutes.  Not long after, Alice showed up with both brothers.

“We’re going on a hike.  Want to go with?” she asked me, and I looked over at Dad.  He told me to go for it and that he was going to go out fishing for a bit.

So, I grabbed my backpack, tossed some granola bars and water in it, and the three of us made our way to the trailhead down the road.