9. Rivendell

Thorin and Rebekah stood up in the cave they had fallen into and suddenly they heard a horn in a distance. Rebekah immediately recognized the sound.

"Lord Elron" she whispered to herself and got a smile on her lips. She looked up and Gandalf who winked at her. Gandalf's plan had worked. He knew that Lord Elrond was one of few people on middle earth who could read the ancient dwarfish text on the map he gave to Thorin when they met in the Shire. He successfully lured Thorin and the rest of the dwarfs into Rivendell boarders.

Suddenly an orc slid down the hole and rolled before stopping in the middle of the small cave. Rebekah kicked him to make sure he was dead before Thorin leaned down and pulled out the broken arrow in the orcs throat.

"Elves" he said with disgust and threw the arrow on the cold stone floor and glanced up at Gandalf. Rebekah looked at Thorin with an annoyed look and lightly shook her head. She didn't understand how he could hate them so much. The elves of Rivendell was not responsible for what happened to him and his people so many years ago.

"I cannot see where the pathway leads, do we follow it or no?" Dwalin asked.

"Follow it of course" Bofur yelled back and everybody started following the narrow path.

After a while they reached a clearing on a cliff side. The sun saw shining down on them as the sound of a small stream running peacefully down the cliff side. It was beautiful. Rebekah walked to the edge of the cliff and exhaled in relief when she looked down at her home. She immediately felt a weight lifting from her shoulders. Thorin how ever was not too happy.

"The valley of Imladris, in the common tongue it's known by another name" Gandalf said.

"Rivendell" Bilbo said mesmerized by the beauty below.

"Here lies the last Homely House east of the sea" Gandalf said.

"This was your plan all along" Thorin said with an angry voice looking up at Gandalf.

"Thorin" Rebekah snapped looking at him with an annoyed look. Thorin glanced over at her and realized what he was doing. He stood silent and looked down at the ground.

Gandalf sighed before walking past Thorin and the others. The rest of the company thenstarted following Gandalf down the path leading down to the gates. Thorin stood in his spot till looking down at the ground. Rebekah silently sighed before she walked up to him. His eyes met hers and she gently took a hold of his right hand.

"Thorin I promise you, you have no enemies here. Nothing bad will happen you or the others" Rebekah said with a reassuring calm voice. He gave her a light smile before he walked past her to catch up with the rest of the group. Her eyes followed him as he walked further away from her. She let out a light sigh before walking down the path.

The company approached the gates of Rivendell. Rebekah looked straight forward and saw a familiar face. A large smile escaped her lips as she and ran up to him. He too got a smile on his face when his eyes landed on Rebekah.

He crouched down with his arms wide open and hugged Rebekah tightly as she ran into them.

"I've miss you Lindir" Rebekah whispered.

"I've missed you too" Lindir said and gave her a big smile before releasing Rebekah from his grip and stood tall to greet Gandalf and the rest of the company. Rebekah stood next to him.

"Mithrandir" Lindir said looking at Gandalf.

"Ah Lindir" Gandalf said with a smile as he approached him and Rebekah. Rebekah glanced over at Thorin and saw him whispering something to Dwalin. She sighed heavily and rolled her eyes at him. Thorin noticed and he got eye contact with her but he quickly looked away.

"I must speak with Lord Elrond" Gandalf said.

"My lord Elrond is not here" Lindir said and suddenly a horn was blown in a distance.

The dwarfs turned around with their weapons held high. The elf approached them riding their horses along the narrow stone bridge.

Suddenly Thorin yelled something in dwarfish and everybody started forming ranks. Bilbo stood in front wondering that the dwarfs were doing but Bofur pushed him in the middle of the dwarfs. The elves looked at the small circle of drawls and started riding around them. All the dwarfs were in defense mode ready to strike if any elf went out of line or got too close for comfort.

"Gandalf, Rebekah" lord Elrond suddenly said and got off his horse. Rebekah's smile grew wider as her eyes landed on her friend.

"Lord Elrond" Gandalf said and bowed in front of him. Rebekah did the same.

"Strange for orcs to come so close to our borders, something or someone must have drawn them near" Lord Elron said presenting a orc sword.

"Ah that may have been us" Gandalf said. Thorin looked at Lord Elrond with disgust as he approached him.

"Welcome Thorin, son of Thrain" Lord Elrond said welcoming Thorin and the rest of the company.

"I do not believe we have met" Thorin answered trying to sound polite.

"You have your grandfathers bearing, I knew Thror when he ruled under the mountain" Lord Elrond said.

"Indeed, he made no mention of you" Thorin snapped. Rebekah looked at lord Elrond, she knew he was offended by Thorin's smug remark. Suddenly Lord Elrond started speaking in elvish with his eyes locket at Thorin.

"What is he saying? Is he offering us insults?" Groin snapped and they all started yelling.

"No master Gloin he's offering you food" Gandalf said with a sigh and rolled his eyes. Rebekah looked over at Gloin and he immediately regretted his choice of words. The dwarfs started whispering amongst each other and they all nodded.

"Ah well, in that case lead on" Gloin said and they all started walking into Rivendell.