6. Safe

Bilbo had been captured by the three large mountain tolls. The fear and terror in his eyes caused Rebekah to get a panicky feeling in her body. All she wanted to do was to help her friend from the trolls grasp, but there was nothing she could do to save him, and she hated it.

"Tom, grab the sacks" the toll with an apron commanded.

The troll with a noticeable lisp did as he was told and grabbed a hand full of sacks from behind one of the rocks by the fire.

Rebekah's anxiety grew when she watches as the trolls placed Bilbo in one of the sacks and threw him on the ground next to a large rock.

"Don't get any ideas of running off" Tom yelled as he stretched his long arms around the company and backed them into a corner.

Rebekah glanced behind the large stinking troll and noticed the cook had picked up a large metal bar and placed it over the fire place.

"Thorin, look" Rebekah whispered and pointed with her head towards the fire. Thorin looked up and noticed what the troll was up to.

"We have to get out of here" He whispered with a slightly panicked voice.

Suddenly the large troll in front of them picked up Bofur by his arms and dangled his body over the company.

"Let him go!" Kili yelled in anger. The troll turned his head and looked down at Kili. He scoffed as he looked at the unarmed dwarfs.

"Or what?" The troll laughed and tossed him to the cook who quickly tied Bofur to the large pole.

The reality of the dangerous situation sunk in and Rebekah started having a difficult time breathing, her legs started to shake and her heart started beating faster and faster.

Thorin glanced over at Rebekah and noticed the fear in her green eyes. He knew there wasn't anything he could do to make the situation better.

A feeling of regret filled his body as he looked at Rebekah. He regretted speaking ill about her and her people, he realized if he had just agreed with her and Gandalf about making their way to the hidden valley they would not have been in this situation. He felt responsible for everyone's fate. Even Bilbo's.

He reached out his hand and gently grabbed a hold of Rebekah's hand and started stroking it with his thumb.

Rebekah looked down at their hands and then looked up at him.

"It's okay, we will be fine, I'm not dying here tonight" Thorin whispered.

Rebekah's eyes started to tear up and she held on to his hand with a firm grip. She looked at him and gently nodded.

One after the other the company was tied up on the metal pole and were placed over the fire. The remaining drafts that didn't fit were placed in the brown sacks.

Kili had just been tied up and tossed into the pile next to Bilbo. Now there was only Thorin and Rebekah left.

Tom turned his head and looked at Thorin with a satisfied look on his face as he tossed Kili on the ground. Rebekah's grip around Thorin's hand tightened when she realized that he was the next one to be tied up.

"Come here you" Tom said and grabbed a hold of Thorin by his torso.

"No" Rebekah said and refused to let go of his hand.