18. Orc army

"Good morning how are we all? I have a wee proposition if you wouldn't mind giving me a few moment of your time. Would you consider... just sodding off!? All of you, right now!" Dain yelled with a thick accent and looked at the elven and lake town army.

"Oh come now Lord Dain" Gandalf yelled as he walked in front of the elven army more visible for the lord of the iron hills.

"Gandalf the gray?" Dain asked slightly surprised.

"Tell this rubble to leave or I'll water the ground with their blood!" Dain commanded.

Before Gandalf arrived at Erebor he had traveled to Dol Guldur, there he saw the pale ork was creating an army for Sauron to destroy all living. Gandalf knew they were on their way to overtake Erebor.

"There is no need for war between dwarfs, men and elves. A legion of orcs march on the mountain, stand your army down" Gandalf said trying to convince the suborn dwarf lord.

"I will not stand down before any elf! Not least this faithless woodland sprite, he wished nothing but ill upon my people, if he chooses to stand between me and my kin...I'll split his pretty head open, see if he's still smirking then!" Dain yelled and the company on the gates started cheering.

"He's clearly mad, like his cousin" Thranduil said with a grin provoking Dain.

"Ya hear that lads? We're on! Let's give these bastards a good hammering!" Dain yelled and steered his hog around riding back towards his army.

Both armies got into their positions and was just about to charge when suddenly the sound a loud rumbling caught their ears. Thorin looked at the mountain in front of them and saw four large were-worms crushing stone with their big mouths.

Suddenly Thorin heard a familiar voice screaming on top of a mountain with hand built signals beside him. It was Azog. Thorin's heart started beating faster as his pulse got higher, the feeling on anger and revenge filled his body as his mind traveled back to the night Azog attacked them outside the goblin kingdom. The night he killed Rebekah, the woman he loved so dearly.

Azog suddenly gave the signal and a orc horn was blown echoing loudly threw the mountains around.

The worms then crawled under ground and a large army of orcs emerged form the tunnels the worms had created.

The army got Dain's attention and he led his army of dwarfs towards the orcs. The dwarfs quickly ran into position and made a large iron wall of their shields and stuck out their spears in between the gaps. They stood patiently and waited for the orcs army to get closer before attacking.

"I'm going over the wall, who's coming with me?" Kili yelled. Everybody agreed and started yelling but Thorin interrupted them.

"Stand down" Thorin ordered.

"What?" Dori asked.

"Are we to do nothing?" Fili asked frustrated.

"I said stand down!" Thorin yelled and looked upon the armies. The rest of the company and looked at each other not knowing what to do. They then looked helplessly on the iron hills army, wishing they were fighting amounts them and not cowering behind a stone wall.

The iron hill army was ready for battle but the elven army hadn't moved an inch. They all stood still and did nothing. Gandalf noticed and confronted Thranduil forcing him to order the elves to attack. He agreed and sent his army to fight alongside the dwarfs.

The dwarfs still had their large iron wall in front of them, shielding them from the orcs deadly weapons. They came closer and closer to the iron wall and just when they were about to attack the elves suddenly jumped over the dwarfs in a straight line landing in front of the dwarfs attacking the orc army.