21. Erebor

- Two mounts after the wars end -

The last sun was shining bright on the outer walls of the great and mighty kingdom of Erebor. The bright orange light turned Rebekah's eyes and hair into a fiery color as she stood on the highest balcony looking over the large and endless world in front of her.

She took a deep breath of the fresh air and exhaled with a smile on her face. The warmth of Thorin's hand on her lower back made her body calm.

The people of Lake Town had rebuilt the city of Dale into a festive, loving and livable city. Thorin had given what was promised to Bard and they all lived in peace and harmony.

Thranduil and the elves of Mirkwood had traveled back home along with the precious white gems their king so desperately needed to keep the memory of his late wife alive.

"It's beautiful, it's it?" Rebekah asked as she looked at the sunset.

"She is" Thorin answered as his eyes studied every feature on Rebekah's face.

She turned her head to face Thorin with a smile on her face.

He gently placed both of his hands on each side of her waist. Rebekah reached her arm up placed her soft hand on his cheek. His short brown beard lightly scratched the palm of her hand as she did.

Thorin looked into her eyes before leaning down and kissed Rebekah softy on her lips. Butterflies started forming in her stomach. His touch against her skin caused her to get goosebumps all over her body, it was a good feeling. A feeling she never wanted to end.

"I love you" Thorin said with his deep and raspy voice when he broke the kiss.

Her entire body filled with ease when she heard his deep words speak those words.

"I love you more" she answered and gently started rubbing her thumb on his scruffily cheek. She stood on her toes and she leaned up and placed her lips against his. Thorin pushed her body closer to his and placed his other hand on the back of her head.

Their lips separated and their eyes met. Suddenly Thorin crouched down and reached into his pocket.

"Rebekah, daughter of Einar" he said as he reveled a small crystal box in his hand as his eyes were glued on to hers.

Rebekah inhaled with shock and placed both of her hands over her mouth. He opened the small box and inside she saw a silver ring in crusted with white diamonds and a large dark blue on in the middle.

"I have been searching all my life for you" he spoke in a deep voice. "You are my match in every single way, you are the love of my life, my world"

Rebekah's eyes started to fill with tears as she heard his warm and loving words.

"Will you be my queen?" Thorin asked.

Rebekah started crying. The indescribable feeling of joy and happiness overwhelmed her.

"Yes" she said and jumped into his arms that quickly wrapped around her.

Time and everything around them stopped, at that very moment it was just the two of them. In that very moment they were the happiest they have ever been, and that was a moment they both would cherish for the rest of their lives.

Together as one.