22. Epilogue

One year later.

Rebekah picked up the large bouquet of white flowers and took a deep shaky breath as she looked herself in the long rounded mirror in front of her.

This was the day she had been dreaming so much about, this was the day Rebekah and Thorin united as one.

Suddenly she heard a knock at the door and she looked over as the door opened. Her eyes met Lord Elrond as he closed the door behind him.

His eyes met hers and a large smile escaped his lips as his eyes found Rebekah wearing the beautiful white dress.

"You look magnificent" he said with a smile and held both of his hands behind his back.

Rebekah smiled and looked down at the bouquet.

"I'm not used to wearing something as elegant as this, is it too much?" Rebekah asked with a light sigh.

Lord Elrond let out a light sigh and made his way over to Rebekah. He placed his hand on her left shoulder and her eyes met his.

"Nothing in this world is too precious or elegant for you Rebekah" he spoke softy as his kind eyes looked into hers.

"Thank you" she whispered with a gently smile.

"Come on" lord Elrond said with a smirk and gently lowered his arm. "We don't want to let your guest wait now do we?"

Rebekah bit let lower lip as a large smile escaped her lips, she wrapped her arm around his and they both started walking out of the room.

The fabric of her long white elven dress gently brushed against her soft skin as she walked down the corridor into the great hall of Erebor.

The sound of talking and laughter got louder and louder as they approached the last corner of the corridor before entering the great hall.

Rebekah took a deep and nervous breath before she and Lord Elrond turned the last corner, the loud echoing room turned silent as all eyes turned towards Rebekah.

Her eyes looked at the beautifully decorated hall in front of her. It was filled with white flowers and gold interior, her jaw slightly dropped of the beautiful sight.

The dwarfs of the iron hills were seated on the right side of the hall and the elves of Rivendell were seated on the left.

Her eyes traveled to her right and saw the dwarfs of the iron hills standing with straightened backs and raised chests as their eyes landed on their new queen.

She lightly tilted her head forward, thanking her honored guest.

Rebekah and Lord Elrond walked further down the hall and her eyes suddenly spotted the company. Her joyful eyes looked at all of their happy faces as a large smile escaped her lips. She felt her dry eyes burn as tears started to forming, Rebekah lifted her hand up to her face and gently wiped the tears away with her finger.

She turned her head facing forward and her eyes landed on Thorin standing at the alter with his hand behind his back wearing his shiny armor. Thorin turned his head to face Rebekah and his jaw slightly dropped as he sighed in disbelief. His eyes were hypnotized by her elegant beauty.

Her heart dropped to her stomach as she looked on her handsome husband to be. She could not understand how her life turned out to be so perfect or what she had done to deserve the undying love from Thorin.

Lord Elrond loosened his grip around Rebekah and turned to face her, a single tear ran down his face as he bent down and gently kissed Rebekah on the forehead.

Thorin made his way down the few steps and her eyes met his.

"You look incredible" Thorin spoke on a soft low voice as he grabbed Rebekah's hand and braided his fingers into hers. A large smile grew across her face and they both started walking up the few stone steps to the alter.

"We have gathered here today to unite these two brave, honorable and strong people" Gandalf spoke. His loud words echoed threw people filled the room.

Rebekah looked into Thorin's icy blue eyes, studying every little detail. He turned his eyes at her and everything around her turned into slow motion.

Thorin, her wonderful and loving Thorin, today she would become his, and he would become hers officially.

Rebekah's mind traveled back to the night they first met. She could never imagine the rude and stubborn dwarf she met in the little hobbit hole would become her undying true love.

Rebekah had never felt like this before, she had never loved anyone as much as she loves Thorin.

It was the morning after Azog's attack on the mountain outside of the goblin kings palace Rebekah realized that she truly loved him.

She had never been so scared of losing anyone before, she had never felt so hopeless without anyone before and she had never felt so alone without anyone before.

With Thorin.. Everything felt right.

"I do" Rebekah suddenly heard and lightly shook her head to focus on what was happening around her.

"Rebekah daughter of Einar" Gandalf said and slightly turned his head towards her. "Do you take this dwarf Thorin Oakensheild to be your protecter, companion, lover and husband?"

Rebekah's green eyes left Gandalf and turned to Thorin who had a smile on his lips. She looked into his icy blue eyes and gently nodded as a single tear gently ran down her cheek.

"I do"

"I may happily present to you, king and queen under the mountain!" Gandalf said with a large smile on his face as his eyes traveled down the aisle and looked down at the honored guest.

The large hall echoed with applause, cheering and happy, joyful laughter.

Thorin's smile grew as he leaned his face down until his lips collided with Rebekah's. He placed his hand on the back of her head and pulled her closer to him.

Rebekah reached her arm up and placed her hand on his cheek, his short beard gently scratched the palm of her hand.

"You and me forever" Thorin whispered with a heavy breath as he looked into her tearful eyes.

"Forever"