7. Radagast the brown

Rebekah walked over to Gandalf. He hit one of the stone trolls with his staff with a satisfied smile on his face.

"Thank you Gandalf, for saving us. We would have been dead if it wasn't for you" Rebekah said as she approached him.

"You have saved my life before. It was my turn to return the favor" Gandalf answered with a chuckle and winked with his right eye. Rebekah smiled at him.

"Where did you go to if I may ask" Thorin suddenly asked Gandalf as he approached him and Rebekah.

"To look ahead" Gandalf answered.

"What brought you back?"

"Looking behind" Gandalf said looking at Thorin.

"Nasty business, still they're all in one piece" Gandalf said looking down at Rebekah.

"No thanks to your burglar" Thorin said looking at Gandalf.

"He had the noun to play for time.. none of the rest of you thought about that" Gandalf said looked at Thorin and raised his eyebrows.

"Trolls have never wonders this far south, at leant not in an age" Rebekah said with a confused voice.

"You're right, not since a darker power ruled there lands" Gandalf said glancing down at Rebekah. She looked at Gandalf with a worried look. She knew something bad was happening, she could feel it.

"They must have come down from the Ettenmoors" Gandalf said looking up the mountains behind them.

"They could not have moved in daylight" Rebekah said looking at Thorin.

"There must be a cave nearby" Thorin suddenly said and started looking around.

"Come on let's look around, try to follow their tracks" Thorin yelled and they all started searching around.

After a while they found a clear set of oval shaped tracks imprinted on the forest floor, they followed and the company stumbled upon a large cave. Gandalf walked inside with Thorin and a few other right behind him. Rebekah walked in too but quickly turned back around. The stench felt like acid when inhaling it, she walked out of the cave and sat down on a bolder to avoid the undesirable stench.

She was thinking. Thinking about the trolls that were planing on killing her and her friends, in Rebekah's 130 years on middle earth that was the first time she thought about dying. The helplessness feeling she felt when she watched her friends being cooked alive ate her inside. She had never been so scared before, not for her but for them. That was a feeling she never wanted to feel again.

After a few minutes inside the cave everyone came out. Thorin noticed Rebekah sitting on the rock, he walked up and sat down next to her.

"How are you feeling" Thorin asked and looked at Rebekah.

"I'm better I just...for the first time in my life I really thought I was going to die" Rebekah said with a light sigh looking at Thorin. He placed his hand on her cheek and gently rubbed his thumb up and down looking into her green eyes.

"I will not let anything happen to you again. I promise you Rebekah, you are safe with me" Thorin said calmly with a deep voice.

Rebekah gave him a light smile and placed her hand on his. He smiled at her, he leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

Suddenly something caught Rebekah's ear. She quickly stood up and listened, it was a sound of something running on the dry leaves covering the forest floor. The sound came closer and closer.

"What is it?" Thorin asked noticing her worried eyes. He stood up next to her and started to scout the area.

"I hear something" Rebekah whispered and looked in to the woods, focusing her eyes and ears. Thorin turned his head and started listening too. She was hoping it was a flock of deer passing threw but the sound came too close for comfort.

"Somethings coming!" Rebekah yelled and took out her bow.

"Hurry arm yourself" Gandalf yelled and everybody drew their weapons, ready to strike. They all started running into the forest where the sound was coming from.

Suddenly a flock of rabbits jumped out of a large bush with a little man standing on a wooden slay. Everybody looked at him confused and slowly lowered their weapons noticing that the man was no threat to them. Rebekah furrowed her brows and tilted her head slightly to the side as she watched the man.

"Radagast, it's Radagast the brown" Gandalf said and approached the wooden slay. "What on earth are you doing here?" Gandalf said putting pack his sword in its holster.

"I was looking for you Gandalf, somethings wrong, somethings terribly wrong" Radagast said.

"Yes?" Gandalf said with a slightly confused look. Everybody looked at Radagast who was trying to remember what he was about to say. Rebekah sighed and walked up to a rock and sat down. Bilbo followed.

"What do you have there?" Rebekah asked and looked at Bilbo's new weapon.

"Ah Gandalf gave it to me, he found it in the cave" Bilbo answered and drew out his sword and handed it to Rebekah. She took it began inspecting the small swords blade.

"This is an elven blade, you are lucky to come by a blade as fine as this one" Rebekah said with a smile as she gave the weapon back to him. Bilbo looked slightly proud and put the sword back in its holster.

While Gandalf and Radagast were talking to each other over by the slay the rest of the company restlessly waited. Rebekah pulled out her sword and started cleaning if with a rag she had in her pocket.

All of a sudden she heard a howl in a distance, her heart sank to her stomach and goosebump formed all over her body. She knew exactly what beast it was, she had heard it too many times before. She quickly looked over at Thorin who had noticed the howl as well. With sharp eyes he carefully looked around the area.

"Was that a wolf? Are there wolfs out here?" Bilbo asked with a slightly scared voice and looked over at Rebekah.

"Wolf, no that was not a wolf" Bofur answered and held a firm grip around his large iron hammer.

Suddenly Rebekah heard the sound of a twig snap, she quickly turned her head around and saw a large warg looking straight at her. The large beast leaped over Rebekah landing behind her. She quickly raised her sword and sliced a large cut on the wargs neck killing it instantly.

Suddenly another warg appeared behind Thorin. Kili noticed and quickly took out his bow and shot the warg as it jumped into the air. It fell to the ground and Dwalin then finished it by swinging his large axe at the wargs head, crushing its skull with a single blow.

"Warg scouts!" Thorin yelled. "which means an ork pack is not far behind" Rebekah said and looked with her eyes widened.

"Ork pack?" Bilbo asked giving Rebekah a serious look.

"Who did you tell about your quest beyond your kin?" Gandalf asked with a serious tone and walked closer to Thorin.

"No one" Thorin answered.

"Who did you tell?!" Gandalf yelled.

"No one I swear, what in Durin's name is going on?"

"You are being hunted" Gandalf said.

Rebekah glanced over at Bilbo, his body was shaking and his heavy breath was trembling. Bilbo had no fighting skills and he wouldn't stand a chance against a pack of experienced orcs. He would die within seconds.

She walked up behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder. He turned his worried eyes at her.

"I will protect you" she whispered and Bilbo lightly nodded.

"We have to get out of here" Dwalin said.

"We can't we have no ponies, they bolted" Ori suddenly yelled.

"I'll draw them off" Radagast suddenly said. Rebekah turned her head to him with a confused look.

"There are gundabad wargs, they will outrun you!" Gandalf said looking at Radagast.

"These are Rhosgobel rabbits" he said.

"I'd like to see them try"