Chapter 46 - Dragon's Fury

A/N: Woo! I'm back! School and exams have been terrible and I've had a terrible writer's block with this chapter but I hope you like it! Enjoy!!!

*** Laxus's p.o.v***

"So, this is Copper Plains?" Ever questioned looking around the place.

"Yes, this is the place," Freed said as he narrowed his eyes.

The Fairytail guild stood on the edge of an open field of wheat and tall yellow and brown grass as they overlooked the place.

"That must be where the enemy is," Levy muttered looking up at the towering black fortress sitting plainly in the middle of the open field.

"That must be where they're keeping May," Bickslow agreed.

"It's definitely them. I can smell May from here," Gajeel growled.

"Then what are we waiting for?!" Natsu yelled, lighting his fist.

"Yeah, let's get May back," I growled before my lightning sparked.

***Third-person p.o.v***

"Preparations are almost complete," the Ice King smirked, walking through the fortress.

"Soon the world will be mine and mine alone," the Winter General grinned.

"Master!"

The Winter General turned as his subordinate bowed to him quickly.

"I'm afraid we have company," he spoke.

The Winter General smirked, "Fairytail."

"Send out every available member to hold them off," the Ice King spoke as he headed out of the fortress, his subordinate tailing behind him.

"We will not let them stop us now that we are this close," the Ice King spoke as they exited the fortress.

Before the grunt could reply however, the Ice King covered his hand in armored ice as he easily blocked the lightning engulfed fist of his opponent.

"You arrived later than I expected Laxus Dreyar," the Ice King darkened.

Laxus growled back at the Ice King before the Ice King blew Laxus back with an explosion from his ice.

"Go now," the Ice King muttered to his subordinate.

"Yes Master," he responded before he ran off.

"Where is May?" Laxus snarled.

"She's somewhere safe. Somewhere you can't go. Not to worry, she's nothing you need to worry about anymore," the Ice King responded.

"Like hell, she's my sister," Laxus growled.

The Ice King smirked, "Oh really? Sorry, but I'm afraid she's mine now."

The Ice King raised his hand and threw off a powerful blizzard attack at Laxus.

Laxus covered his face with his arms as he stood his ground against the attack. When the blizzard disappeared Laxus brushed off the snow unfazed before looking up as he realized the true purpose of the snowstorm.

"Absolute Ice Shroud. Apologies, but I'm afraid I cannot let you past me. This is as far as you go, Lightning Dragon," the Ice King spoke within his icy armor.

"Then you better get ready for the beat down of your life," Laxus growled as the air crackled around him. "Because I'm not leaving here without May."

***Elsewhere***

A loud thunder echoed from the fortress causing the others to turn towards it.

"Looks like Laxus started the party," Bickslow spoke.