Chapter 37 - Glacia

A/N: Its been such a long wait but we should be back to the regular schedule of weekend updates again! I hope you enjoy the chapter!!!

***May's p.o.v***

"Ice Dragon Claw!" I yelled as I fell from the sky onto Freed.

Freed put up his arms in defense within his Absolute Shadow form as he blocked my attack.

My ice claws dove into his armor and quickly froze and shattered it, surprising Freed before he smirked.

I jumped back as I panted.

"Why don't we stop here for today," Laxus said to us as I nodded.

"Great job May," Freed praised, walking over as I panted heavily with exhaustion.

"Yeah, you've really got control of your ice now," Bickslow praised.

"How do you feel about controlling your magic now?" Evergreen asked.

"I feel much more in control now, but I'm worried since I still haven't activated it again," I replied honestly as I gazed at my hands.

Laxus walked over as his black scarf waved with the wind and patted my head.

"Don't worry Sis, it'll activate when you need it to, but this time you'll have better control of it," Laxus praised.

I smiled.

"That storm is getting worse. We better head back to camp quickly," Freed noted to the snowstorm heading towards us.

"Yeah, let's move," Laxus ordered as we nodded and quickly followed behind him.

***Timeskip***

"We're not going to make it!" Freed yelled over the storm.

"Try to find another cave or something!" Bickslow yelled.

I gazed around through the storm alongside the others as they shivered beside me.

Because of my ice dragon slayer magic, I'm not as affected by the cold as they are.

Suddenly I stopped looking as I silently gasped.

I could've sworn that there wasn't a cave there before, but there was one now.

I shook my head, 'Now's not the time to think about that, we need to get out of this storm.'

"This way! I found a cave over here!" I shouted over the storm to them as I pointed towards it.

"Lead the way May!" Laxus ordered.

I nodded as we pressed through the storm.

I gasped as I stopped, putting my arms up to stop the others.

Five more steps, and we would have gone right off the edge of the mountain.

"What do we do now?" Ever yelled over the storm.

"We go across," I stated seriously.

"Huh?" The others questioned.

I took a deep breath as I focused my magic.

"Focus on the image of the object you want to create then release your magic," Gray echoed in my mind.

"Ice Make- Bridge!" I shouted.

A very roughly shaped bridge of ice crossed over the cliff right to the caves entrance.

"Sweet!" Bickslow exclaimed.

"Nice work May!" Ever praised.

"Let's move," Freed ordered.

We quickly crossed the bridge and entered the cave before I froze the caves entrance shut with a sigh.