𝟭𝟲.

warnings : none.

━━━━━━━━

"THIS IS OUR starting order for the nekoma game."

stood in their own positions were the brand new starting players for the upcoming match. [name] could already tell that ukai had a hard time picking between certain people.

she glanced over at sugawara, who's aura was a mix of bittersweet excitement.

ah, he must be a bit sour at how kageyama took his spot when he's a 1st year.

"you guys haven't had much time to get acquainted. i don't expect you to function with precision," ukai began, putting down his drawing board. "just because a hotshot libero is in the club and the ace returned, it doesn't mean that victory is a sure thing."

"right... they haven't really played together, right?" zenitsu whispered to the demon slayers beside him. "it's different from what we do, because we're usually sent in solo or duos."

inosuke scoffed while tanjiro and [name] gave a nod of agreement.

"we'll see how far this team goes. this is karasuno versus its nemesis, the cats!"

"hai!"

ukai wasn't finished yet. "starting today, students who have undergone immense training will be the ones coaching you today," he then faced the four and shouted loudly. "oi! come!"

zenitsu yelped from surprise, while inosuke grinned behind his mask as he took the lead in the line and marched where the adult was. he puffed his chest and gathered his voice.

"WEAKLINGS! all of you!" was the first thing that he proclaimed, hands on his waist.

he earned some flinches and some sharp stares ( especially from [name] and zenitsu ), but before tanjiro could intercept, inosuke continued.

"LISTEN! gramps ura over here told us you need some help, so we're going to give you that damn help!"

[name] wanted to just rub her temples to conceal whatever negative emotion she was feeling to this introduction.

"i-inosuke — "

"NOT YOUR TURN YET! now, you better give us good results and follow what we do so you can crush the cats to DEATH!!"

what followed was a deafening silence — simply put, the atmosphere contained both surprise and disappointment from respective parties.

"WOO! LET'S GO!" tanaka suddenly spoke up, trying to keep the hyped up atmosphere inosuke was projecting. "CROWS VERSUS CATS, WE WIN THESE!"

"ryu..." noya slowly muttered, comical tears coming out from his eyes as he bounced on his best friend. "WE WIN THESE!"

"MWAHAHA! CALL ME KING HASHIBIRA INOSUKE NOW!"

"NO THANKS!"

"HAH?!"

[name] shook her head as tanjiro apologetically smiled.

it was only the start of the morning, and the winter breath user wondered about taking the offer of getting that 50% discount of headphones to cancel out the noise.

"okay, any questions?" [name] asked, crossing her arms.

immediately, many hands shot up into the air.

the burgundy laughed guiltily, as he cleared his throat in clarification. "related to the training."

with equal guiltiness, those hands were slowly brought back down.