𝟭𝟰.

warnings : cursing, violence, gore.

━━━━━━━━

THE COLOR OF crimson stained the dark leaves of the bushes, a deadly stand-off taking place under the cover of darkness.

"breath of winter, third form: blizzard storm!"

[name] aimed her attack straight at the dark eyed demon, who feebly protected himself from the cold with a blood demon art of his own.

but it was useless as his horn and arm was pierced through cleanly. [name] narrowed her eyes — his regeneration was beginning to slow down.

they've been at it for some time already, for this was no ordinary demon — he was close to becoming a kizuki.

but the [hair color]ette knew better. as the leader of this whole crusade, it was surprising to her when he was feeble compared to who tanjiro fought at asakusa, tokyo.

nonetheless, his blood demon art was annoying as hell. she still had yet to get a clean opportunity for a kill.

the girl stood her ground atop a protruding part of the building, prepared to dodge or attack once more.

the demon's previous injuries started to heal back. his expression turned sour. "you haven't even tried at all! look, my head's still intact — just let me eat more people!"

"blood demon art: swirling waves of the void!"

on cue, the girl leapt from her spot as the abyss slowly crept up from the ground and shot up into the air.

"breath of winter, fifth form: swift winter!"

with the help of her form, she avoided the series of dark rifts and landed on the ground with a resounding thud, ice radiating from her foot like a ripple in water.

she grit her teeth, running in for another attack. this was her chance to get a closer distance.

"breath of winter, fourth form: frosty demise!"

"blood demon art: caving chasm!"

with multiple cross slashes, she quickly declined the ruinous demon art at the speed of light, blinding the demon completely.

[name] finally was in close range. the black eyed demon tried to jump away, however, the demon slayer had already gotten used to his moves as she dodged to the side to avoid his claws.

"you're so stupid!"

"says you," [name] snapped, using her weapon to completely cut off his arm when it was in reach.

with no mercy, she kicked the demon straight to his side and swiftly swung her sword right where his head would be.

a ghoulish scream left his bloody lips when he realized that his head was already off his body.

"NO! you barely have a scratch! this- this is pathetic!" he cried, although [name] felt none for the guy as he slowly faded into ash.

"to your foolish *ss, may you rest decently in the flurry of winter."

she carefully wiped away the blood from her elbow and cheek, then turned away to run back to help one of her comrades.