𝗢𝟮.

warnings : cursing

━━━━━━━━

THE LIGHT FROM the ceiling flickered to life as three figures entered a big building by the side of the high school, shiny tiles squeaking behind the students.

the energetic one immediately ran in, a smile blooming on his face as he tossed his bag to the side and hastily removed his jacket and shoes.

"c'mon kageyama! let's set up the nets and practice!"

the ravenette huffed, dropping his bag right next to the bench and slowly sat down. "what's the rush? we have to stretch first,"

hinata dropped the volleyball that he was about to try and toss with, the thud of the ball echoing behind him as a frown etched on his face. he muttered some nonsense, something along the lines of 'party pooper' and 'slow setter'.

[name] took her time in admiring the technology of the current generation. she glanced at the switch attached to the wall, wondering how a simple button could power such a seemingly complicated contraption.

back in the headquarters, they only had candles and torches to give them a source of light. it would take time to get used to significant switches here in the region.

"[last name]-san! you coming in?"

the orange haired called out, his hair floppy and arms waving in the air to catch her attention.

it felt wrong to even be accepted in such a place. she'd learnt to never trust strangers — but did classmates classify under that name?

"coming, coming," she exhaled, taking a step up and entering the gym, her polished school shoes clanking with the shiny floor. "this is your training ground?"

"mhm! the gym is where we practice sports and stuff," hinata responded, dribbling the volleyball next to the net as [name] cautiously peered around. "here, you can take kageyama's place while we play."

on timing, the setter had finished tying his shoelaces and dropping his jacket inside his training bag. "oh, you're ready,"

"i've BEEN ready, thanks so much," hinata said sarcastically, before shoving the ball in his arms and running in front of the net. "now let me spike!"

[name] slowly took a seat on the planked flooring, tucking her knees in and sitting comfortably as she observed the eager movements of one and reluctant ones of the other.

she could feel the weight of her sword drop a bit from behind her back and under her haori — dear god [name] hoped it wouldn't fall out from sitting down.

to distract her from second-guessing, [name] set down her [color] randoseru next to her and took out a slightly crumpled parchment and black pen.

she was still getting used to using pen and pencil. normally, feather quills dipped in ink were the writing tool that [name] was taught to use her entire life. although the pen isn't too far away from the plume, it's another thing that she has to get used to.

[name] did practice using it though — while she walked across prefectures to miyagi, she began writing a letter during her breaks. and the demon slayer decided to finish her letter to allow the time to pass by.