𝗢𝗢.

warnings : mentions of injuries

━━━━━━━━

THE FORESTS WERE a great place to hide secrets.

the intertwining twigs and growing branches with astounding heights, along with the mounds of leaves that danced on the trees perfectly concealed whatever occured on the ground.

once you find yourself wandering in the depths of nature's abyss, it's hard to escape its clutches. with each careful but step further and further inside, the more you can lose your footing and get lost.

hence why it was an immaculate hiding and hunting spot for demons.

and also why tons upon tons of people rushed in one of the clearings by the massive and notorious natagumo mountain, all dressed in dark clothing with prepared medical supplies filling their arms.

a young girl seemed to be leading the support mission, directing each specialist with her swift thinking and arm action. and the adults seemed to follow her, slightly nervous if they didn't get the job done.

zenitsu thought she looked awfully familiar, squinting his golden sun eyes through his tight bandages that wrapped around his entire sore body.

it was all he could feel. stinging and piercing pain tickled all his limbs, like a dangerous electrical shock ringing from his insides. but by forcing himself to think about the past events that just occured and about this mysterious girl, the blond was able to calm himself down.

"where do we put the rest of the demon slayers?"

"back to the headquarters," the girl responded, voice smooth as honey. "i'll take care of the demons surrounding the area."

he thought about the kakushi — about how they were the members of the corps unable to wield a sword and defend themselves in battle, and instead were the ones in-charge of the clean-up afterwards.

and zenitsu assumed that the same butterfly girl from the final selection was assigned to assist the kakushi.

"and i'll try to look for [last name]-san too,"

as the sun rose up, its gentle rays gleamed its protection while zenitsu smiled internally from the mention of his friend's name. hopefully she wasn't dead worried for them.

and as his eyes slowly closed from exhaustion, a warm weight fell upon his shoulder numbed all the uncomfortable torment like a pleasant dream after a nightmare.

it was finally time for him to rest for the day.

( ❄️ )

panic.

panic was an overwhelming feeling that [last name] [name] felt when she heard the news from her crow, kori.

she wasn't normally this frantic at all. never had she felt this much concern flood her entire body — like tainted butterflies that flutter with such disgust that [name] had grown sick from the mention of her close friends in critical condition.

adrenaline pumped through her veins, her racing heart matching the quick alternating footsteps while she focused on maintaining her breath. if she wanted to reach her comrades on time, [name] would have to concentrate on allowing her weight to feel as light as a feather.