𝟭𝟭.

warnings : cursing, blood.

━━━━━━━━

A TIRED MORNING was something that [name] was used to by now.

her wrist ached as she lifted her hand up — the entire side of her palm was stained with the murky black ink of her notes.

"we only have a few minutes until freedom, keep your heads high, class!"

it was almost time for lunch. her stomach grumbled for some of her packed bento box, and the girl's mind couldn't handle more of some useless chatter.

she placed her chin on her sore palm, allowing her mind to drift away.

her [eye color] eyes slowly roamed around the room, refusing to look at the board filled with notes. they drifted further away from the haunting, white chalk, all the way to the side to observe the greenery outside...

[name]'s hand slipped away from her chin and she nearly slammed her head on the open notebook right in front of her.

but she didn't. and thank god for that — she didn't need to hit her head and proceed to tell herself that she might have just imagined seeing a familiar figure standing on a concrete wall.

i swear i just saw kamado jump up and down by the gates.

before she could look again, the soft chime of the bell gave the go-signal for the entire class to rush out for lunch.

amidst the rustle, [name] put down all her materials and followed the crowd out of the class. she took a turn, passing by the shoe lockers and stepped on the concrete leading out of the building.

the demon slayer looked around, not caring if she looked like an idiot searching for a needle in a haystack.

considering her enhanced vision, it shouldn't be that hard to spot a dark burgundy head of hair...

right?

"[last name]-san?"

she turned around and met kageyama's confused gaze. he tilted his head to the side, sipping on a blue milk carton. "are you looking for someone?"

"no?" [name] shook her head, abandoning her original goal of looking for kamado. "no, i wasn't. where's hinata?"

"that decoy? i wouldn't know," the setter shrugged. "at least i don't have to share my extra milk with him."

he revealed a second milk carton that he was holding. with a small frown, kageyama straightened his arm with the drink.

"are you giving that to me?" [name] asked, nearing the 1st year with curious eyes.

meanwhile, his own blueberry ones darted away to avoid staring at the girl. "...just take it..." he ushered, sighing to himself when the weight from his hand was lifted.

"thanks?" this is the second time someone has given me something that i never asked for.

kageyama didn't say anything; instead, he gave a small nod ( barely a nod, it was more of a reluctant down and up movement of his head ) and spun around, hoping that she wouldn't see his crimson red ears.