𝟭𝟬.

warnings : cursing, blood.

━━━━━━━━

A BRAIN IS used for thinking. that is the scientific reason as to how the body functions in the first place.

although [name] wasn't super interested in such subject, she knew about the functions of the brain.

so if the organ exists for that reason, why couldn't [name] think properly?

for the record, the poor girl hadn't been exposed to so many stupid problems tossed at her all at once. it sucked. it was all so stupid.

maybe i misread rengoku's lips? i literally can't sense this dumb demon anywhere.

"hey... psst — hello!"

"what do you want?" the girl mindlessly spat, the edges of her lips curving downwards.

her dull expression didn't hinder hinata from further asking. "sooo, why are you still with us? aren't you meant to go with rengoku-kun, with the other senpais?"

"no need. he told me to come with you two instead," [name] shrugged. her ears perked up from the slightest rustle of the bushes that were lined up beside them, but there's nothing when she looked at the foliage.

i'm not paranoid, right? rengoku i swear to god, where did you see this demon??

"are you two related or something — "

"dumb*ss! they aren't similar in the slightest!" kageyama muttered disappointedly, his fists clenching in his pockets.

the orange head whined. "i just wanted to know...!"

"for the record, we aren't related. what made you think that?"

he scrunched his eyebrows, facing the girl behind him. "i mean, it was just a random guess. wouldn't it be cool if i guessed it right though?"

"but you didn't get it right," [name] pointed out, her shoulders lifting again. "better luck next time, i guess."

the decoy shook his head in his own unfortunate defeat, mumbling some incomprehensible words.

silence grew upon the trio, while their steps echoed through the street. and once more, [name]'s thoughts multiplied by the second.

it was as if her brain was feeding on the eerie tranquility of the situation. it's own personal fuel, trying to think of reasons as to why the unknown had yet to unravel itself as danger in front of the demon slayer.

something's up. this isn't normal.

"where are you guys headed?" [name] asked the two.

"uhmm, i'm heading uphill," hinata responded, one hand clutching his bike handle while the other on his chin. "we're approaching the intersection!"

"i turn right here," kageyama said, pointing towards the four-way intersection of the street. "the short one here goes straight."

"hey! i'm not that short!"

"what do you mean?"