𝗢𝟳.

warnings : cursing.

━━━━━━━━

IT WAS SAFE to say that she turned out just fine.

[name] had to lie about why she came down the stairs soaking wet, telling kanami that she merely just wanted to dance in the rain.

it was a dumb excuse, but the girl couldn't say much. how would a mother react if someone told her demons existed and there was one that was taunting them that same day?

she would probably tell them to stop reading too many horror books late at night...

kanami ignored her reasoning completely, but made tsukishima cook some hot soba for her before [name] left with an umbrella.

unfortunately, she had to sacrifice her rest that night. the only good things that came out of the fiasco were that their history project got a perfect score, and that she didn't catch a cold.

could have probably done that essay by myself, but then again, at least i saved a family.

"[last name]-san!"

she stopped walking down the hall, and slowly turned around to see yamaguchi jogging towards her.

it was already club time — why was he still here?

he slowed down his pace once he reached her. yamaguchi scrambled for something in his jacket pocket.

the green haired student pulled out a small piece of paper and handed it to the perplexed [name].

scribbled on it were a line of numbers.

"a-aha... well i remember that you had some trouble with math yesterday — i s-swear i wasn't s-staring at you or anything w-weird like that!" his face bursted into heat, while [name] just read the numbers over and over again.

"what is this for?"

yamaguchi stopped his stupor. did i hear that right?

"ano, t-that's my contact number..." the middle blocked murmured, twiddling with his fingers as he anticipated her answer.

she shrugged, tucked in the paper in the outside pocket of her randoseru. "thanks — i think, yamaguchi."

and with that, she turned her heel and left the dumbfounded student with a racing heartbeat that wouldn't seem to stop, even when he was left alone in the hallway.

i just gave my number to a cute girl! tsukki will be proud!

( ❄️ )

he just gave his 'contact number' to a random girl. what the hell do i do with this?

[name] contemplated on what she should do, her arms swaying front and back while her eyes remained staring at the sky. she wore a brown sling bag that one of her mentors gave her — a small butterfly keychain bouncing with her movements.

the stars didn't seem to shine as bright anymore. are the stars just different in miyagi than back in my hometown?

she sighed as she approached a one-story building, windows framing the front of the big store which reflected the bright lights and the many people inside. the letters on the outside read, 'GYOMU SUPERMARKET', with white bulbs extenuating the name of the store.