𝗢𝟰.

warnings : mentions of blood.

━━━━━━━━

"AYEESH — "

"HUH???"

"WATCH OUT — !! "

one blink, one split second, and a pair of enhanced [eye color] eyes were enough for hinata shoyo to escape the clutches of a nose bleed and a visit to the infirmary.

his eyes were shut close, but when he carefully peeled them open, he didn't feel anything trickling down his face. hinata's hands carefully touched his nose bridge, nothing.

surprise surprise? he couldn't process it himself yet.

"oops, i think your volleyball has a small hole?"

[name] had the ball in her right palm, and tossed it to the jaw-dropped brunette in front of her. "you should have it changed — "

"WOAHHH! how did you push hinata out of the way in time?" an enthusiastic, shaved head made his way to the stoic girl, questioning her, until he retracted his head in surprise.

"well well, you're VERY pretty!!"

is this another case of the can't-flirt-for-his-life-guy?

"sure, thanks, i guess," [name] muttered. she gave a light wave to the second year and the other student who held the deflating ball.

"uh- welcome to the volleyball club," the brunette introduced, putting his left hand out for a handshake while the other held the broken volleyball. "my name is sawamura daichi, the captain of this team."

"and i'm tanaka ryunosuke!" the taller student waved, his teeth shining through a big grin of his. [name] gave him a single nod as she let go of daichi's hand. "you came with our decoy eh? did he ask you out — "

"NO!" hinata yelled, face burning a brilliant red while the three students looked at him. "t-tanaka-san, she's only my new f-friend!"

a ravenette finally took notice of the commotion by the entrance, walking over silently and seeing the same girl whom he'd seen from this early morning.

"oh, it's you."

daichi and tanaka looked inquisitively at the unfazed setter while hinata gasped from his sudden appearance.

"yeah. it's me. and you're kageyama, right?"

he nodded in response, before looking over at the pale-faced hinata. "oi! what are you staring at?"

"n-nothing... you just appeared out of nowhere..."

kageyama shook his head, turning his back and heading to his corner of the gym. hinata groaned, ruffling his bright tangerine hair in annoyance while he started walking back to the bench.

"let's uh, head in shall we?" daichi chuckled, allowing [name] to enter the gym. tanaka walked next to her while the captain led them inside.

she could now see everyone clearly. kageyama was stretching in one corner and her friend was drinking some water on the left. sugawara was nowhere to be found however. she concluded he must have been late and caught up with academic related subjects.

while daichi walked farther into the gym to switch out the volleyball, tanaka and [name] stopped near the front center of the gym. the [hair color]ette observed the room, looking at every corner and window. the color of the room, the roof tilings, the exits, and the people in the room —

"so! speedy girl!" tanaka exclaimed, attempting conversation with the detached student. "what's your name? you seem new!"

again, with the questions.