𝗢𝟴.

warnings : cursing.

━━━━━━━━

HURRIED STEPS POUNDED on the concrete floor, the wind blowing on her face as if it was screaming at her.

another reason why the world sucked.

she was running for her life — and it was all because of an issue that had to be dealt with after school.

it had been a week since the grocery trip. her academics hadn't been treating her so well; but since when did life give her any justice?

the thing that made it better was being able to communicate to her comrades back in the corps.

and the karasuno volleyball club.

she'd never admit it unless being pestered about it, however. although it was obvious that she enjoyed it there with her more frequent smiles and visits everyday.

the girl wasn't obligated to go attend their practice match, but it felt right to show up for at least a few minutes.

[name] slowed down her pace, transitioning into a slow jog as she maneuvered around the parking lot in front of the destination.

aoba johsai was significantly bigger than karasuno, trimmed greenery filling the outside sections of the school and crystal tinted windows framing its walls.

she glanced at the buses and cars parked nearby, and the [hair color]ette was pleased to see that karasuno's bus was stationed around the perimeters of the school.

the girl looked up, and gave a single nod of thanks to kori, her beloved messenger crow. receiving a proud caw in return, he flew higher into the atmosphere to be out of sight.

she continued to walk towards the building, seeing some unfamiliar students wearing the aoba johsai uniform exit the schools with smiling faces. [name] hadn't seen another school before — it was interesting to look for the differences and similarities between the school she attended and the other ones.

before she took a step forward in the doorway, the girl was being called by a familiar voice.

"eh? [last name]-san?"

a woozy hinata being supported by narita and kinoshita waved at the perplexed girl — although it looked more like the swaying of the hand instead of an actual greeting.

"oh, [last name]-san hello," the one with light brown hair acknowledged. "uh, how did you get here — "

"let's not talk about that..." [name] quickly said, before walking closer to the trio. hinata's bright smile wavered a bit, his eyes squinting a bit. "are you alright?"

narita shook his head, nudging kinoshita and hinata to the side for them to continue going to their destination. the student's mouth pushed into a line, before he helped the orange head to his balance.

"what happened?" [name] let out as the two disappeared from view.

the middle blocker exhaled. "a volleyball was spiked straight into his face,"

"oh," the girl quipped. "oh that's not that bad — "

"[last name]??" narita gasped, a bit taken aback by her nonchalant response. "uh — have you been hit in the face with a volleyball before-?"

the girl blinked, before her brain clicked in realization.

"no?" she let out, her hands waving in front of her in denial. "not like that — i'm saying that i guess it's better than not spraining an ankle."