The Apology

As's office:(not proofread)

A week has passed by since Haseena has resumed her duty in MPT..
Anubhav too was busy with his work..but what they couldn't do was stop thinking about each other...
Anubhav is a person who doesn't care what the other person is thinking or feeling but he didn't know why Haseena's tear filled eyes were hurting him so much..

Aman: Sir,sirrr..(he almost shouted near Anubhav's ears bringing him out of his trance)kahan khoye hue hain aap sir,main kabse aawaz de raha hun..

As: huh!woh..nahi kuch nahi...batao tum kya kahe rahe the....

Aman: jii sir,yeh pichle machine ki profits hain toh issmein se..(AS didn't let him finish..)

AS: Aman.(he looked at him)Agar tumhe humse maafi maangni ho toh kaise mangoge?

Aman: Main kyun aapse maafi mangunga sir?(He asked confusedly)

As: jitna pucha hain jawab do..(he said irritated.)

Aman: sir mujhse galti ho gayi..mujhe maaf kardijiye..aise bolunga..

As: nahi nahi aise nahi hoga(he muttered)..nahi thik se maafi maango..tum bohut zyada sharminda ho waise..(Aman looked at him bewildered but nodded helplessly)

Aman: sir,main apni galti k liye bohut zyada sharminda hu please mujhe maaf kardijiye..(he said bowing his head down.)

Anubhav stared at him for few seconds then sighed..

Aman: kya hua sir yeh bhi pasand nahi aaya...aap bura naa mane toh ek baat puchu sir?(AS nodded) Aap kisise maafi mangna toh nahi chahte?(he asked timidly)

AS: Dimaag kharab ho gaya hain tumhara?Hum Anubhav Singh hain...hum kisi se maafi waafi nahi mangte...jao abhi yaha se..

Aman: kitna jhoot bolte hain yeh...(he muttered while going away.He is with AS for more than 7years now..he knows him very well.)
————————
HM was returning from her duty when suddenly her jeep stopped with a jerk..

HM: Arey kya ho gaya!

She opened the bonnet and find out a loosened wired...She brought her toolkit and was fixing it when it started pouring heavily totally drenching her..

HM: Bas isiki kami thi!(she huffed in annoyance.)

She closed the jeep's bonnet when another car stopped infront of her and a familiar figure came out of it.

HM: Mr.Singh!

Anubhav opened his umbrella and.went near her shedding her with it as well.

AS: Haseena aap yaha aise khadi kyun hain?

HM: Woh humari Jeep band padhgayi hain...hum thik kar hi rahe the ki baarish shuru ho gayi..

As: chaliye hum aapko ghar chhod dete hain...

HM: Nahi it's okay..hum jeep mein baarish rukne tak ka intezaar Karlenge..thank you.

As: Aur apko lagta hain yeh itni tez baarish rukegi..aur waise bhi weather forecast to dekha hi hoga aapne?

Yes she had seen the forecast which predicted heavy rain with storm..

HM: Humara ghar paas hi mein hain..hum paidal chale jayenge..aap ghar jaiye Mr.Singh...

HM was moving out of the umbrella but AS pulled her by her wrist and held her closer to him by putting a hand on her back..ahe rested her hands on his chest to maintain some distance..

AS: Aap  naraz hain humse?(he asked looking in her eyes.)

Yes she was..she was angry on him for mistrusting her.But he was just another Stanger whom she helped..but his distrust,his words hurted her a lot..she didn't know if she had any rights to be angry on him but she was.

HM didn't answer him only lowered her gaze when he spoke again..

As: Haseena hume ussdin aapse woh sab nahi kahena chahiye tha..par humne jo kuch bhi dekha aur suna..hum jante hain aapko bura laga hain humari baaton ka...I'm sorry..hume pure hafte sochte rahe iss baare mein..

HM could sense the genuinty in his voice..

HM: Matlab pure hafte aapne humare bare mein socha?(AS was caught off-guard)

As: nahi bilkul nahi..(he said immediately)  matlab ...humne socha..humare vyavhar k baare mein socha(fumbled a bit)..aur woh galat tha..Sorry.

HM: it's okay.

As: abb aap humre saath chalengi na?

HM looked at him amused..then smiled and said "chaliye".
——————
HM opened her house door and invited him in..he went inside without any argument.

HM: aap yaha baithiye hum change karte aate hain...

AS was looking around at the pictures hanging on the wall..There was picture of her in her Uniform, a picture of her with another elderly lady whose features were quite similiar to hers..he assumed her to be her Ammi...there was another picture beside that one..a little girl riding on a man's shoulders...holding a lot of balloons in her small hand..both of them having a cheerful smile on their faces.."Abbu hain humare"he looked at HM who was coming downstairs wearing a white full length night gown with fur sleeves..her wet hairs falling on her shoulder and few strands sticking to her face...for a moment AS thought some angel was descending down the stairs.

HM: Yeh humare Abbu hain..hume mele mein ghumne ka bohot shauk tha...jab bhid zyada hoti thi tab Abbu hume aise hi kandhe par utha lete the....

As: pata hain hume...

Hm: kaise?(she asked raising an eyebrow.)

As: Jodhpur mein..cold drink pii kar(stressing on Cold drink)apne hi bataya tha aur zid ki thi ki hum bhi aapko uthakar le chale kamre mein.(he said looking at her..supressing his smile.)

HM: sorry!(she said shyly looking down)..aap coffee piyenge?

As: shakkar dhai chammach(she nodded smiling and went to kitchen.)

By the time they finished their coffee the rain had got heavier accompanied by gist of winds and thunder storms...

As: chalte hain hum Haseena..coffee k liye shukriya..

HM: Mr.Singh(she pursed her lips not sure how to place her words.)..bahar mausam bohot kharab hain..toh aise mein drive karna thik nahi...toooohhh..aj raat aap yahi ruk jaiye!

As: par hum kaise..(he hesitated but then looked outside at the heavy shower.)Thik hain hum ruk jate hain..shukriya..

HM: par humare paas men's wear nahi hain..

As: It's okay ek raat ki hi toh baat hain..

HM: chaliye dinner kar lete hain..

After dinner HM and AS departed to her bedroom and guestroom respectively.Both of them lied down staring at the ceiling..Both of them were feeling an unknown happiness..AS was feeling as if a huge weight has been lifted off his heart...The sound of the falling rain worked as a lullaby for both of them and slowly they slipped into deep slumber.
—————
Precap:the fire
—————
Is this a new beginning?
—————
Do vote and comment if you liked the chapter.
Thank you.