37.

Sometimes the healthiest thing to do, when your choice in guys is as horrible as Allysa's kill the guy.

The Battlefield~|•

The magical backlash had destroyed everything, only the barrier Marc had placed remained whilst everyone was protected by golems, Roman coughed as he got up a golden shield protecting him, Allen groaned as he got to his feet, he struggled as the blue crystal shield around him shimmered out of existence, sunlight shined on Thalia as the grey clouds that protected her gave way and she breathed in getting to her feet. "Ohhh, that hurt." Vincent rumbled as he crawled out of the water his body changing back to its human form and he was already healing thanks to his wolf, the deep canary yellow gleam on his body was absorbed back into his body. "Oh yeah it does." Marc supported as he snapped his leg back into its socket, the sun was now shining on them as they hovered off the shore and went to assess the damage above, most of the mystics were surprisingly alive protected by golems attached to their bodies, their bodies pulsing like beating hearts.

"The magical backlash weakened the prison, they escaped." Allen asserted as he looked at the guardians and mettalic spheres that had been torn apart. "They are free." Vincent whispered as a slow breeze whooshed past him. "Delara infinitum manstra!" He yelled as the shield he conjured covered the entire battlefield, it was shaped like a kraken and pulsed with his magic, above them all, black lightning and fire blazed, rocking the entire shield, the coven quickly got into action and pushed their magic into the shield making it stronger and able to withstand the attacks being hurled onto it. "Everyone back into the barrier now!" Roman yelled his order and everyone ran, or teleported to the gate opened by the barrier. "I can't hold it for much longer, it's like shifting all over again." Vincent cried out as beams of yellow light engulfed him. "I won't fall!" He roared as his magic pushed back, yellow mixed with red, a will stronger than before and it burned bright, it drove Kaden and his siblings back until everyone was safely in the barrier. Vincent let it vanish as Kaden cackled loudly above them.

"You may have killed the source but not all of us." He boasted as he hovered in the air. "Don't worry, you'll be joining your precious mother soon." Allysa stated with hatred burning in her eyes and for a split second Kaden showed regret but he quickly wiped it off with a cocky smirk. "Naive, gullible, poor Ally, you can't do anything you're too weak." He taunted but little did he know she was far from it. "Leave him to me." She stated strongly, and none of the coven doubted her. "Are you sure, you'll die." Kaden hesitated but she smirked, no she wouldn't. "Roman, go heal the injured, you out of all of us can still do it with little ease, Allen, go look for any injured and get them to the med bay, we will deal with the rest of them." Marc instructed as everyone didn't hesitate to do as he said and vanished.

Cold sea air brushed against her skin, the chill making her smile, how she had waited for this moment, to be rid of him completely. "Are you sure about this, Ally cat." Kaden stated and she nodded. "I told myself a while ago, that if ever I encountered another man who was bad for me, I'd get rid of him completely, because when I tell him to leave, he won't go silently, he will be a pain I don't need so— gods hands destruction!" She cast the spell as hands made of burning melted lava crashed upon Kaden who used a shield to protect himself from it, he then waved his hand and a pillar of black smoke fell on Allysa, she drew a blade from her sheath and sliced through it, Kaden didn't expect a punch that had him thrown into the water like a pebble that kept rolling until there was no more momentum, he coughed out blood as he was submerged in the water, and boy was his ego bruised that Allysa the weakest one was beating him, the water bubbled up around him, as he shot out and sent streams of scalding hot water jets at the girl but she was ready as a golem defended her and took on the attack head on, above her black lightning hailed, and she absorbed it all into her armour and sword. "You should really stop underestimating me." She called out as she redirected his power at him ten fold, and when it shot him, Kaden was electrocuted till his skin had shriveled. Fire followed Allysa's attack as she didn't let up on attacking the soul eater, and the more she attacked, the more she knew this was the right thing to do as one last blast of shimmering blue light caused an explosion that created a crater with Kaden inside, the soul eater coughed as he got to his feet and summoned a blade to his hand and attacked Allysa, she flipped to the side avoiding his upward slash, he continued his endless barrage of sword slashes which she defended against perfectly, up above he was amassing a powerful attack to hit Allysa with, and when he broke off from her it hit her head on, a fury of blazing infernos, the girl didn't scream, she took the heat and focused on her opponent, when the attack was over she lunged for him, expecting a sword to slice his throat, Allysa transformed her weapon into a gun and shot bullets straight into Kaden's skull making blood splatter everywhere. "Dragon's inferno." She conjured the blazing heat in a spiral and hit Kaden with it, it drove him back into another crater as he tried to shield himself from it, when the fire made the rocks burn red Allysa was in the middle of it charging for the man who dared use her, in one hand a crystal dagger, the other was a black sphere, power she had been keeping just in case she would face him, and now here she was. "Die like your mother." She cursed as the crystal dagger was plunged deep into his chest absorbing all the energy he had gotten from all the souls he had devoured, once it was done she unleashed the vine like strands of black matter that made Kaden scream in pure agony.

The soul eater lifted his hand to the sky and a beam of black light hit where they both were, throwing them apart and giving him a reprieve from Allysa's attacks, when he staggered to his feet the girl had gotten to her feet aswell. "I was never weak." She muttered as a three headed snaked bit down on Kaden's body, thrashed him around whilst drenching his body in poison  "Artemis's Revenge: Woes Of the dead arrow." The girl was now in mid air as the golden arrows appeared along with the bow and she shot them at Kaden straight and true, they blazed with magic and each one hit its mark and for each one that did, a chunk of Kaden was blown off, piece after piece.  As she retuned to the ground Kaden was on the ground coughing out black blood."You really should've paid attention." He called out as a shadow behind Allysa stabbed her with a soul reaper blade, the girl oozed blood from the lips, as she looked at Kaden in disbelief. "But then a smile etched her lips, that's when she disintegrated into a golem, and there was no blood, just sand and water. "I'm not that easy, never again." She stated as Kaden looked at her in disbelief, then from nothing a green sphere of volatile magic appeared, they both looked at each other, this was it for him and he knew it. "Even if you kill me, there will be others Allysa, other creatures out there who will seek whatever this town holds, you may have peace now, but there will come a time when another evil will rise, what will you do then." He exclaimed and Allysa scoffed. "Quit stalling, your sisters are dead, its only you left." Allysa informed the man and he nodded as Allysa vanished and the gathered volatile energy was hurled at him in such a beautiful explosion. "How simply divine." Roman whispered as he looked at Allysa destroy her tether to negative energy.

Back on the  field Allysa stood with her brother in law and Vincent showed up, each bloody, they had also killed the last of the soul eaters, and as they stood by to watch the sun shine on them with dusk fast approaching, they knew for a long time they would have this peace, so in that moment, they just simply breathed, from outcasts with nothing, to heroes. "What now?" Allysa asked her friends and they both sighed. "Nothing, we deal with whatever comes and whatever needs to be done tomorrow, for now, why not enjoy this view." Marc replied as they both smiled at each other. "Finally, it's over." Vincent chortled as he looked to the ocean, truly it was.

+++

Vote - Comment - Share - Follow

lmj