29.

Lies and future past.

~|•

Roman.

He was sore, every part of him was sore, he didn't want to rely on magic to heal him all the time, and Marc had placed a curse on all of them to heal at a human rate so that their endurance is heightened, the curse worked of course, along with a few niches he put in there to make it activate and deactivate when he felt like it, now it was active and he was sore, having Lex sleepover wasn't a good idea at all, he contributed to him feeling like trash that went through all the elements. "Are you okay?" Thalia slurred and he scoffed. "Ask yourself sis." He shot back and the girl chuckled. "Next time you tell me not to let Amon sneak into the house, I will take your advice." She confessed as they began walking toward the outside of the school where the picnic tables were set, it was a fundraiser day at school, so learning took up half the school hours, the rest they were free. "Always listen, I take it your pops found him." Roman pointed out and she nodded with a sigh. "We had a great night, and I mean some really good love making, he wore me out, then when the idiot was supposed to vamp speed out, he crashed into a barrier my pops had placed. "Oooh, I feel for Amon, those barriers your pops creates aren't fun." The golden haired witch commented as Thalia laughed.

"He was electrocuted for about ten minutes, then burnt in concentrated light, then an illusion of his junk being torn off was placed in his mind and played on repeat for the rest of the night." Thalia explained and with each added punishment Roman shivered. "Your father is dangerous." He asserted as they left the muffin table. "You know that's right, I'm also banned from seeing Amon for about two weeks, if he tries getting near me, my magic automatically sets him on fire." She concluded with a sigh and Roman moved to hug the girl. "I'm sorry you didn't listen, I'm also not sorry that you got caught, next time don't shag a boy in your parent's home when he's not been properly introduced and even so don't do it." Roman comforted as he let go of the girl. "I've learnt the lesson, my dad also beat my ass in magical combat this morning as punishment, its why I look like a hot mess, along with blocking my magic, it's weird knowing its there but there is a valve on it." She joked as a small grey fire danced in her hands, its all she could conjure with her magic making Roman burst out laughing. "I don't mean to, oh it hurts, but I can't stop laughing." He wheezed out as they sat at an empty table. "Laugh at my ass, I should've known better." The girl accepted as two other people showed up at their table.

"Hey guys, what's good?" Allysa muttered as she sat next to Thalia, a banshee sitting next to Allysa. "This is Kay, the one I told you about a while ago." She explained and the two witches looked at Kay with bright smiles. "Nice to meet you, Thalia Yasmine Thorne, and he's Roman Ahmad Rose." She introduced herself but never extended her hand, Roman was skeptical until the banshee spoke. "Nice to meet you both." He replied with a dashing smile, his voice filtering the air around them and Roman along with Thalia were thrown into a vision.

~|•~

The world was burning, these were the old times, before the humans knew of the mystic world, the smoke rose high into the sky, thick, black and suffocating, several huts were on fire if not all of them. Roman coughed as he got to his feet, as did Thalia a distance from her. "Where are we?" She asked as the smoke passed through her intangible form, as it did the gleam of her flames protected her as it happened with Roman, as his skin was golden. "The olden times, I know this place, its just by the shore of the bay, we are in the past." Roman explained as Thalia held his hand. "It seems the spell worked." Thalia mumbled as she looked around, humans running in fear, what seemed to be ghouls, chasing them, rotten teeth and fangs protruding from their mouths, devouring dead flesh, but these weren't eating flesh alone, they were devouring souls. "I tied your curse to my own, and instead of just hearing voices, we can now see through my curse, where the voices lead.