23.

Premonitions.

Thalia Thorne.

She was floating, swimming in a sea of clouds, her power, it moved around her like a ripple, spreading out in echo of a sound, then she began hearing them, first as whispers until they became clear and clear. "Mother you've risen yet again, how foolish they were to cause so much destruction and chaos, filling the medallion and the grave with energy." His voice was strong yet somehow it didn't sound evil, it sounded more of a soldier doing another's bidding or was that just her, the grey clouds offered shapes but not faces of the mystics talking, to Thalia it was enough to make out everything.

"They buried us beneath the ocean, forgot about us and moved on, and time made the land swallow us instead, but it didn't crush us, just kept us hidden, until chaos reigned and we fed, how foolish they were to soak the land in strife and blood." This voice was feminine, it oozed an ancient power, something vile and perverse beyond sin, Thalia wanted to know more, to see more but she reigned herself to hearing only. "What shall we do first mother?" Another voice spoke, Thalia had now a sense of what this was, but she would the theorizing for later, she had to listen. "We feed and lay in wait, the shadows will protect us, find the strongest ones and weaken them, I felt their power, wielders of the eternals, find them weaken them, only there after shall we rise to the surface yet again my children, and we will cause havoc and chaos once more."  Thalia turned and twisted in her bed as her mind let go of the voices, she felt as if she were falling until all around her the flame that chose her burst to life and protected her yet again.

~|~|~

Jolting awake the girl dragged in a breath, that was a dream she barely wanted to remember but being a witch and having two parents that were also witches made her smart enough to realize that her dream wasn't just a dream, there were forces out there laying in wait, and they had to be ready for anything from now on. Unable to get back to sleep Thalia slipped on her robe and made her way out of her room down to the kitchen, it had been a month since they had fought the coven council along with Kev and Lena, one month of trying to regain a sense of peace in Halkrest Bay, if there was such a thing. Her dad was downstairs holding their new addition to the family, finally she had a baby sister. "Hey honey, can't sleep." He whispered feeding the baby milk he had just warmed up, with a silent nod Thalia sat down by the breakfast bar.

"I think I had somewhat a premonition of sorts." Thalia finally said taking her dad's attention away from the baby. "Hmmm, I wondered when that would start." The man asserted making her wonder what he meant by that. "What are you talking about?" She questioned as he waved his hand and a deck of cards appeared infront of her. "You want me to draw fate cards?" She asked puzzled by his admission, she took the cards, sprinkled a bit of magic on them bringing them to life. "Witches develop gifts over time, your father's and my own bloodlines are special, its why we've always kept a close eye on you because others may seek your powers to exploit, some would seek you out to kill you because they believe no witch should be above others, but that's total crap, no two individuals are the same, just like you and your friends, you're all uniquely powerful, and its hard to best the other without coming to a conclusion of a bloody death." The man explained as he rocked his baby girl in his arms.

"My bloodline are elementals hence your elemental power, your father is a bit more complicated, hence your flame, combine the two we have you and your siblings, but that's not all, for every Thorne child born they are gifted with sight to see, hear, feel and even smell what others cannot, you can hear what others cannot, combined with your flame it grants you the power of divination through the whispers." Thalia's father explained as he placed his hand above Thalia's and hand her press on the fate card with a golden knight, the saviour. "To have power is to have responsibility, to guard and to protect." Thalia could hear the voice of the Knight, it was dominating yet held a soothing presence. "Now place the deck." The man rocking his baby commanded and Thalia did as told laying the fate cards. To hold the space at the top she placed the moon, clarity, next was the devouring serpent, the deceiver, next was the broken sword, a battle lost before it had begun, next was the cloaked figure painted in darkness holding an orb, the source of evil, lastly was the eclipsed sun, chaos. Thalia could hear the voices of her dream replaying in her head once again, looking at the cards now she knew something bad was coming and she truly hoped they would survive it.

"Oh that's not good." Her father stated looked at the cards she had placed on the deck, she too knew something was wrong and somehow it was coming for all of them just not her friends.

~|~|~|

Alyssa.

Coming to terms with knowing you had died and were brought back by your closest friend wasn't easy but she had done so with the help of her friends and her family. Alyssa walked down the street with a smile on her face, long back length hair waving in the wind freely, she waved at people she knew and kids that played, it felt nice to be alive, as she rounded the corner and got into the coffee shop she wanted goodies from, she couldn't help but smile, life was now simple, she could indulge herself, one thing she lacked was a boyfriend, or a girlfriend of her own, but she would leave the goddess to that, when she was ready, her mate would come.

"Hey Jeremy, can I have two boxes of earl and chocolate muffins, two mocha lattes, one americano, and two double shots of peanut butter blast with whip cream on the bottom." She placed her order whilst swiping on her phone's screen, in the month of peace Roman's parents had decided to gift him their current house as a graduation present, they were moving to a house next to the Thornes for some reason but it didn't matter, it just meant they would be closer in the neighbourhood. Roman ofcourse had given Alyssa the go ahead to redecorate the den, the lounge and the glass garden, she had been ecstatic to do the job because not only was she getting some cash out of this but she could put the finished job into her portfolio for her interior design résumé, so not only was she happy for the money, it was a double win, she would be grateful to Roman for this but first she had to buy the furniture pieces she wanted, henceforth the constant phone swiping.

"Your order little mama." Jeremy called out with a winkle making Alyssa blush, he was always flirting with her any chance he got but even though she wanted to reciprocate more, she couldn't, he was human and the last time humans were dragged into the mystic world it ended horribly. "Thanks." Alyssa replied trying to handle her order, once she thought it was secure and she tried to move, the box of muffins slipped and fell, before it hit the floor the witch swiped her fingers slowing down the fall, as she bent down to get the box a hand beat her to it. "Here you go." His voice was smooth, deep and made her give all her attention to him, realizing she was staring Alyssa quickly reached out and took the box. "Nolvado." She cast the spell using her magic to steady the box, it didn't matter if he had heard her cast the spell, she knew he was a mystic, a banshee to be specific, with sandy golden hair faded at the sides, she had to admit, he was good looking. "Thanks." Having said it, Alyssa moved for the door, he followed right behind her and rushed to open the door for her. "I'm Kay." He introduced with a perfectly crafted smile, because Alyssa was cautious around anyone ever since the many incidents she's had with boys, she merely nodded. "See you around." She replied turning around to walk away. "Oh definitely my queen." Kay called out as she walked away, there was definitely mischief written all over him and somehow Alyssa wanted to explore him, oh she was doomed.

+++

LMJ