24.

Sometimes we are afraid of falling in love, mostly because it comes in a way we never expected.

Roman Rose.

Roman didn't know what to do, ofcourse he had a better relationship with Lex if you could call it that, he referred to it as a friendship really because they weren't there yet, and Lex really didn't know anything about him, just like now. "He sent you what?" Thalia shrieked at the mention of the present Roman had gotten from Lex this morning, apparently eating raw deer meat in the morning gave you good luck, so Lex had sent a slab of deer meat that he had caught and prepared himself to Roman, not wanting to seem ungrateful Roman ate a piece and the rest he put in the freezer so that Marc can deal with it.

"Yeah, you heard right, anyway I did eat it, it tasted like raw blood but hey, what could I do." The golden haired witch replied as he closed his locker with magic just as Thalia did so with her own locker and they walked side by side to their after lunch class. "Well love is compromise, and as much as I know you, you'll try meet him halfway, question is, will he?" Thalia asserted making Roman sigh yet again, he didn't know, Lex was still evasive, with everything that happened, they only had a few moments together before they were hurled into another crisis, they needed to talk, so Roman began to write a small letter in his notebook, once done he tore out the page. "Mesosilia egnus." He whispered and the page went up in flames but there was no ash, he had sent it to Lex. Now he had to worry about what to say when he meets him later.

"I think that will work, whatever it was, listen, has anything happened ever since I told you about my vision, I'm worried." Thalia mumbled lowly just as Roman shook his head in refusal. "Whatever it was, they are laying very low, we should be fine and this time, we are letting the grown ups or the actual coven and mystics of Halkrest deal with it." The response made both witches laugh, indeed they had gone through enough, let the others deal with the mess for once. "Well said." Thalia replied with a chortle as several new students passed by them and one of them handed them two fliers. "Festival Of Hecate." The two of them mumbled in unison as the one who had given them the fliers turned back to wave at them. "Is that, it can't be." Roman whispered as Thalia dragged him into their class before the bell rang. "What's wrong, you seem like you've seen the horrors of the world." Thalia chortled as Roman smacked her arm lightly. "Stop it Yaz, anyway that was Ember, she's Kev's sister, she was shipped off to boarding school when she was ten, and now she's here, I guess since Kev is gone she can finally be the heir to the coven, her mother always wanted her to lead since she wasn't unhinged like her brother and she inherited more power than her brother." Roman explained making Thalia realize that the coven had a new leader. "So I'm guessing she is the one who though of this festival, to bring peace, Goddess knows we need it after all that fighting." The girl with bewildering silver locks asserted and indeed Roman agreed, if this truly was a festival to restore order and peace then he wouldn't object to going, he would be on guard because tensions are still high but it was needed.

~|~|~

Lex and Amon.

"What are we doing wrong?" Amon groaned as he sat down next to Lex who chuckled next to him. "I don't know, I've tried being a gentleman, sending gifts, its been a while since we even had a face to face conversation, I don't know, was it suppose to be this distant." Lex mumbled as he relaxed into the walkway bench which was in pack territory, this was his usual meeting point with Amon, somehow in the mix of having close mates, and fighting for them against a hoard of witches bent on killing them, they had grown closer, they shared almost everything, it was refreshing, for both of them. "She is hard to figure out, my father wants to do this in a diplomatic way, I've never had to actually court someone, this is complicated." As Amon said his words both of them broke into a laugh, they had a lot in common even foolishly loving their mates and being able to die for them. "How do we do this?" Amon mumbled as he tapped on the bench with his fingers and a blood portal appeared beneath them both, it moved them from the bench to the inviting lawn by one of the pack houses, neither they or the owner cared, it was meant to be appreciated