31.

Shadows on the rise.

~|•

He didn't want to, he didn't want to kill her, a part of him had become attached to the witch, she was beautiful and smart, and kind, and gentle, he couldn't bare think about what would happen if mother knew that he had developed feelings for a witch, one he had been sent to kill, and if Allysa were to know aswell, would she accept him, would they be happy, he was at a crossroad, even for someone as old as him the answer should've been clear but at the same time it was hard, life was nolonger black and white, he was compromised. Moving in the shadows his form was kept from being detected, he needed to find a way to get into the Rose home, something precious was in there, something they could use against the mystics to keep them occupied whilst they fed and got stronger, but first he had to get in, the moment he stepped foot on the protected land a golden shield came to life and shot him back with golden light, it burned half his shadows away, a powerful thing.

"I expect no less from you Roman." Kaden whispered as he wove magic and a spell in his hands, taking advantage of the body he highjacked, he began singing, the barrier Roman had placed to keep his home safe began to phase in and out of existence. "There we go." He boasted as his magic began to eat at the barrier aswell creating a small opening for him to pass through, his magic still kept eating at the barrier, witch magic was always a good source of strength. He walked in the beautiful backyard full of flowers, he could feel traces of Allysa all around him and his heart clenched, he didn't want to do this, but he had to, his family needed him, she had her family, and he needed his, he hoped she understood in the end. When he stood by the door of the backyard a blue rune appeared on it, like shards if ice it spread all over the door sealing it, this was Allen's magic, after knowing the witch for however long he did he knew Allen's magic was harder to break because he specialized in enchantments, so he jumped up onto a window by the second floor, still covered in shadows no one would see him crawling like a spider on the walls of the Rose home, finally he got to the window that opened to a room he wanted, Allysa had told him about gaining access to Roman's workroom through his closet doors, a dimensional trick he put there, it was funny in a way, Allysa had given him the tools to dismantle their little coven, so he sang another song and the glass of the window vibrated until it shattered but another problem arose, rose vines began to creep over the broken window covering it, he jumped through before it was completely covered, there was no way he was getting out through there.

Walking silently in Roman's room, the master bedroom, it made him feel relaxed, could he have had what Roman had, or any of them really, the place was warm, filled pictures of their families, and by the wall above his bed was a picture of Roman himself holding a large wolf in his embrace, Lex, it was a beautiful sight, staying to admire it would jeopardize his mission so he got to the closet and tried opening the right door, but on touching the handle golden fire erupted there and burned his hand. "Fuck." Kaden hissed as he held out his hand and black smoke engulfed the handle eating away the magic protecting it, once he was done the golden door appeared, pulsing with ancient magicks. "Almost too easy." He mumbled happily as the door gave way and he walked in and just like what he expected, the room was large, well kept and designed to be perfection for the witch who owned it, it was a pity he was about to trash the whole place.

"Seglus mortiphina neros." He cast the shadow spell and his magic in its black smoke branched out trying to find what he wanted, most of the book cases filled with grimoires were passed over by his magic until he got to a particular one that resisted his magic, and he knew that's where he would find it. Kaden walked to the book shelf as one particular grimoire stood out, it pulsed with shadow magic much like his, so he had his magic eat at the barrier protecting the grimoires, it didn't take time until the large leather bound book was in his hands and he was flipping through it. "Perfect." He mumbled and ported out of the workroom, he found himself bound on the land of the house he had broken into though, something was holding him there. "Let me go." He growled his mouth changing into that of a soul eater and began sucking out the very life force of the Rose home, and finally it gave through, he vanished into the shadows yet again.