Chapter 33: Good Morning

I woke to something tickling against my skin, hot breath on my hipbone. My eyes fluttered open and I looked down to see Kane, looking up at me with hooded eyes. His fingers danced along my hipbone, raising goosebumps on my skin and somehow waking my body up insanely fast. He pressed a wet kiss to my hip then moved over, low on my stomach before moving down between my legs.

"Kane," I breathed, fisting the sheets beneath me. His lips and tongue moved over me in a way that left me embarrassed at how quickly I was building. Goddess, he really did do his research.

It was like each time he knew me better, each time he found my sweet spot faster, leaving me in ruins much quicker than anyone ever had before. I moaned lowly and it elicited a low growl from him as he moved his mouth away from me and sunk his fingers into me, looking up at me as I came.

He crawled over me, his dark eyes consuming mine. He brought his thumb up and ran it over my lips before pressing his lips against mine. "Good morning," he murmured against my lips.

"Good morning indeed," I panted, still trying to catch my breath. "What was that for?"

"I needed breakfast," he smirked, trailing his lips down my neck. "Remember how I said I wanted to eat you for every meal? You need to start taking me seriously. I don't speak figuratively."

"Goddess, keep it up and you'll get sick of me," I breathed, trailing my hands down his arms.

"Never," he growled, wrapping his arms around me. "I'll never get tired of making you lose control."

"Control freak," I teased, gasping as he nipped at my neck.

"Takes one to know one, baby," he murmured, sucking my skin.

"We should get breakfast," I moaned, throwing my head back.

"I had breakfast," he said, sucking my skin into his mouth. "I wouldn't mind a second serving though."

"Sex fiend," I teased.

"Was that supposed to be an insult?" He said, moving his lips down to my collar bone. I tried to think of a witty response, I really did, but then his hand came up, under my shirt and squeezed my breast just as his lips moved down, kissing the one he was holding, his tongue darting below my bra.

"You're just making this harder on yourself, you know," I moaned, wrapping my legs around him.

He just grunted and caressed down my stomach, bringing his head up and looking in my eyes. I wasn't expecting him to look so vulnerable after the way he woke me up but it was there. "Have I earned some trust?" He asked, titling his head to the side.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I want to try something," he said, kissing my cheek and then my jaw. My jaw on the side my mark was on. He'd avoided that side of my neck last night. "But I won't if you don't want me to."

"What are you wanting?" I asked, my heart suddenly speeding up.

"Nothing for me," he murmured, kissing my ear, kissing my neck, getting closer to that mark. His hand came up, brushing against the scar, giving me a strange sense of fullness. "I'm not trying to complete it, Tess. I'm hoping giving it attention will make it hurt less when I'm not with you."

"Why wouldn't you be with me?" I panted, my eyes sliding shut as his fingers moved more over my scar, touching the sensitive skin and setting me on fire from the inside. Goddess, that was intense.

He covered my scar with his hand and lifted his head, pressing his forehead against mine. I felt and saw pain in him as he gazed down at me. His eyes slid closed and he nuzzled my nose. "I got a link from Ben early this morning," he said, swallowing and not opening his eyes. "He received a call since I was ignoring my phone. It's my pack. They need me to come back."