T H I R T Y- O N E

Hope you enjoy!

One more chapter left😪 most likely. There will be an epilogue though!❤️

Officially this is the longest chapter of DWAM. 1761 words lol!😂😂😂😂

"Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself."

Walter Anderson

Recap
...

" Fatima. What's up? You calling at this time everything okay." I asked.

"Salam. Zahrah...Zahrah, I'm fine." she replied. Her voice was shaking.

"What's wrong?" I said and all I got in reply was loud cries from her.

"What's wrong?"

"Zahrah, you need to get back.."

"Hurry Zahrah." she said. I was afraid. Adrenaline rushed into me. As I felt a panick attack coming.

"Wha..what..whats wrong?" I said. I new for sure something's wrong.

"Zahrah, Uncle is..." as soon as those words left her mouth, I knew what was on the way. The phone left my hand, landing to the floor with a loud thud.

My world ended that second.

•••

Iyfaaz

As soon as the phone hit the ground, away from Zahrah's hand I knew something was wrong. And Allah knows the only thing that came to my mind was uncles sickness. I don't know why but for the past couple of days, I have been having a feeling that something wrong is on the way. But I had no clue that it could be true.

I walked up to Zahrah, who was now standing near the phone crying endlessly, but I didn't hear a sound. Her cries were silent but held a lot of meanings. She had so much sabr (patience) that I would have never had if something like this ever happened to me. Now that I know, all of Zahrah's life has been down. First her relationship with her now late father wasn't something anyone would like. Then, her mother passed away due to blood pressure and other health issues. Next, my part of ruining her came in. Finally, when things started to get better with us her father passed away. Still she held sabr in her.

I grabbed her from her shoulders lightly and turned her to face me. I wiped her flowing tears away and gave her a right hug. That's when she broke down. She started shaking with the crys.

"It's okay." I repeated again and again trying to calm her down. But seeing her like this made me shed a tear. That was something that was as rare as the blue moon. It shows up once a while.

As some time went by she calmed down and made wudu, while I got the first tickets back to L.A. I couldn't take my jet because the pilot was with his family, out of town. And We had to get there before the funeral begins. Zahrah has to see him before he's gone to whom created him.

I shut the call confirming our flight timings which were in two hours and me and Zahrah walked downstairs to my parents room to let them know about the death.

I knocked the door twice before my mom opened it.

"What's wrong? Is everything alright?" Mom said, panick visible in her eyes.

"Mom, Uncle Malik passed away. We have to get to Los Angles as soon as possible so we could arrange the funeral and be there for the jinazah*." I stopped for a second.