T H I R T Y

Hope you enjoy!

Zahrah as Maya Ali in DWAM.
--

"Pride adversely affects all our relationships - our relationship with God and His servants, between husband and wife, parent and child, employer and employee, teacher and student, and all mankind."

Ezra Taft Benson

•••
Recap

"You know, I love you. Trust me. I do. I love you so so so much Zahrah. I know you deserve way better than me, but I still love you alot. It took me a long time to figure this out. But now it's figured for sure, I love you." he said.

A tear of happiness came out of my eye as each and every word of his touched right at my heart. His words made my heart gloom and my stomach felt the butterflies swigging all around. I was really happy, shy, and blushing.

"I love you too. You are everything I deserve and I'm glad your apart of my life." I said looking down at our tangled hands.

He smiled back in return and parked the car in their mansion, I say, parking garage.

"You go in first, surprise them. Go!" I said pushing him to the entrance slowly.

"Okay, as you wish my queen!" He said and I giggled in response. Oh My Allah! I'm in love.

I AM IN LOVE!

...
Iyfaaz
-

"Surprise!" I said as soon as the door opened. Mom and Dad were both standing there looking at me shocked. My mom came up and hugged me.

"Oh My Allah. What a great suprise Iyfaaz. My love, how have you been?" She asked. Tears were coming out of her eyes. I wiped her tears with both my thumbs.

"Mom stop crying. Im doing great. I have another surprise for you." I said. She let go of me and I went to hug Dad.

"What is that? Are going to surprise us to death today?" Both my parents said at the same time. I pulled away from my dads hug.

"Okay, Zahrah come in." I said and she walked in.

"Assalamulaykum, Mom and Dad." she said and went to hug them. My mom hugged her and kisses her forehead.

"What an amazing day, right Malik?" My mom said to dad. But dad just looked down not saying a word.

Zahrah then walked over to dad and put her head down for him to pat it. But again, my father didn't move an inch.

I cleared my throat and same for my mom but my father didn't catch anything from it. Knowing she isn't going to get a reply, Zahrah moved back to my side and gave me a fake smile. I could already see the tears forming in her eyes but she ignored it and smiled. Soon dad walked away and went upstairs.

"Oh my dear, don't worry about him. Come in, have a seat." My mom said ignoring the scene that was created by my father. I should have known better not to bring Zahrah here when I knew my father wouldn't have changed. But I didn't know and I brought her here anyways. All the things she did to come here. From packing gifts to packing bags. She even got dad a fossil watch. But in return she had to see this happen.

You know, that's what I like about her. Even after being humiliated in front of us, she still had a smile on her face. And I know for sure that this smile that was there was only to make us feel good. If it would have been some other women, she might have created a scene and not have stayed at this house for a second longer. But she stayed. She's always stayed. She stayed when her father broke her. She stayed when I broke her. Even though she was distant, she stayed. She stayed because she's a very strong women. She's my strong women.