Chapter 22~ Who I am..

Jazmyn:

*Day After Christmas*

I laid across my bed. Just staring at the ceiling. I had just got a package of the latest fashions from Bianca. Camie gave me a present but I didn't open it yet.  Isabella took me out for a spa with Camie, I had fun but I just couldn't focus. Georgina had bailed on our date, her boyfriend is Camie's brother, and I told her it's better if we just stayed friend's. I twirled my hair around my finger. Maybe this is for the best, right? Ever since I moved here, these girls have been here for me. Why mess up our good friendship?  I swung my leg's out of bed. Glancing in the mirror, I looked a hot mess. Taking a warm shower, my mother had called me down for lunch. I really didn't want to go down there, she invited her "boyfriend" who we've  only seen once. She spends most her time with him. Ugh! Dad died two years ago and she's already dating!? This year will be over so it would be three year's now. Dragging my feet downstairs, I came across Priscilla who didn't look to happy either. Together we sat at the small glass table. The guy had red curls and stubble. Ew. 

Mel sat flowered white, plates around the table. Wesley, my mother's boyfriend, continued their small conversation.  Mel prepared ravioli, chicken salad, and a lemon cake for dessert.

Mel leaned down beside me "Don't be so grumpy, loosen up chica" she whispered in my ear. Kissing her cheek I nodded. Mel, is a mother to me and I love her with all my heart.

"Papa's birthday, is coming up mama" I blurted out quite rudely. It's not fair! That she's doing this to him! He wouldn't want this..

Priscilla hushed me. My mother frowning, a grin reappeared. Taking a bite of her ravioli "That's nice, eat your dinner honey"

Stabbing my fork into my chicken "¡Mamá! ¿Cómo pudiste hacerme esto a él!" I yelled at her, she's just making me angry. (Mom! How could you do this to him!) I frowned "No es más que un extraño. ¿Qué haría papá, pensar?"

(He's nothing but a stranger. What would dad, think?)

"Jazmyn!" Priscilla yelled along with my mother.

"That's enough, young lady!" she scolded. Wesley coughed "This is really good, don't you think?" he successfully changed the subject.  Rolling my eyes I pouted.

Mom chuckled "Priscilla, I heard from Mel, that you are going out someone?"

"Yeah, his name's Cole.  He's really cute and I like him, a lot"

I played in my salad, it's nice that they're dating. I couldn't help but think about Georgina. I've been really bored lately, maybe it's time for a party?

"Jazmyn, how come you never bring a boy over?" my mom interrupted my thoughts.

Everyone stared at me. Maybe it's time to tell them? I've been keeping this secret for years now and it's been eating me alive.  Setting my fork down letting out a small sigh.  I looked down at my plate before looking at my mother.

"Mom..." I began, "I like girls..."

Priscilla gasped, dropping her plate on her way to the kitchen. Glass shattering all over the floor. Wesley stopped eating.  Mel rushed over to the mess and my mom continued eating. "No, you're just going through a phase ri-"

Slamming my fist on the table "I can't help how I feel, mom! I'm a lesbian and you're just going to, accept that.."

She stood, walking over to me. Raising her left hand slapping me in the face. "How dare you! After everything, this is how you repay me? You will not leave this house, do you understand me!?"

Holding the side of my face, I held back the tears. My eyes watered. "Do you understand!" she held up her hand about to hit me again.

I flinched, "Yes!" I screamed "I understand.." I whimpered. My mom stormed out of the room. Wesley following close behind. Priscilla ran over to me, "Jaz.." she consoled me. I clutched the back of her shirt, crying my eyes out.

The way my mother looked at me, ashamed, disappointed and disgusted. Just made my crying worse. I'm disgusted with myself. I can't help, who I am...

Sorry for such a short chapter! I promise the next chapter will be longer!  Also 28 chapters left until this story comes to a end.  Sadly.  Thanks for Reading!!