TWENTY-SIX

LUCIA lied in the hospital bed next to Sam's as the nurses patched her stomach and the other nurses finished Sam's stitches.

"Is my mom almost here?" Lucia asked, pain in her voice.

"She's on her way sweetheart, we promise." Amanda promised.

Sam sobbed as she put stitches in her arm and Lucia rolled her eyes.

"Alright, it's alright. Everything is okay now." Daniel rubbed Sam's other arm.

"I'm gonna make sure this girl gets expelled." Amanda nodded.

"You don't even know Tory!" Lucia snapped. "You know nothing about her. Thank you for hiring my mother, but please don't say a word about a child you don't even know!"

"We know enough about her to know she's a horrible girl." Amanda squinted.

Lucia clenched her teeth and stood up. "I need to get out of here."

Once she took s few steps, her stomach began hurting again and she doubled over in pain.

"Okay, alright, you're upset Lucia, but please take it easy. You're going to hurt yourself."

Lucia sighed and sat back down, leaning back.

Sam spoke up. "I just want Miguel to be okay."

"I can't believe Robby would do that."

"It's all my fault." Sam cried.

"What? No. No! Don't say that Sam."

Lucia scoffed and put her hand on her face.

"Mrs. LaRusso, do you know where my phone is? I need to make a call. It's important."

"Yes, it's right here, hon."

Amanda handed her the phone and Lucia dialed Tory's number and Daniel left the room.

It rang for a little while until it went to voicemail. She sighed and put the phone down and in came Lucas and her mother followed by Moon.

"Hey, hey, Cia, hi. How hurt are you? Who did this to you?" Lucas asked.

"Give her some space, Lucas." Leah grabbed her hand. "Hi, honey. They patched up your stomach, huh?"

Lucia nodded to her mother.

"Good. How are you feeling?" The kind woman asked.

"I'm fine, I'm okay, I just...I saved Moon. I was able to save her, but I couldn't save Tory. I wanted to save her making making the biggest mistake of her life and I couldn't. I couldn't do it. And neither could Miguel and now he's in the hospital and...Fuck, why couldn't I save her, now she's going to go on and keep doing things like this. She's a troubled girl and I just want to help her. I just wanted to help." Lucia sobbed.

Moon covered her mouth and stepped into the hallway with tears in her eyes.

"Oh my baby."

Lucia's lip quivered and Leah hugged her.

Lucas stepped out into the hallway alongside Moon, trying to hide his tears.

A doctor came in to take both Sam and Lucia down for an x-ray, both for their ribs.

The two girls went down and Leah turned to Amanda.

"Thank you so much for taking care of her. I made sure everything was okay at the dealership. If there's anything else you need, please don't hesitate."

"Anytime, Leah. She seemed very agitated, but how could she not be? This was an awful thing that happened."

"I agree. But thank you, again."