I Like Him

"Good morning, Mom, good morning, Dad" I greeted as I entered the kitchen.

My eyes darted into the table where a black haired guy is drinking his tea or coffee from a mug.

"Good morning, Samu..." Mom greeted back but Dad just stood from his seat and left the room.

I turned my head following him as he closes the door.

I furrow my brows. Dad seems to be kinda different lately.

"Your Dad has many things on his mind right now" Mom said as she looked at me.

I nodded.

Dad is planning to rebuild our shop, but mostly of the banks in the area declined his application for loans... Dad has been doing this business for more than 10 years and he probably pities himself....

I just came back from a morning jog, and I awkwardly sat here right now beside our visitor, Sakusa Kiyoomi.

He has been dropping by almost everyday, but my twin haven't shown his face not even once.

"Samu, how's Keiji's interview?"

"He's in the venue already. I hope everything goes well."

Keiji went to a job interview right now... He wanted to help in the house so he decided to apply for a part time job at a publishing house.

Keiji is smart so I believe he'll be able to get hired in no time. Though I said he doesn't need to, he insisted...

"Oh My!!!" Mom shrieked a little

Both Sakusa and I looked at her worriedly

"We don't have anything left for lunch... I better get to the grocery store." she exclaimed as she opened the fridge.

"I can go" I offered.

"No.. It's okay, Samu. You just stay here and relax. I'll be back." She removed her apron and went out of the kitchen

Long awkward silence.

"Ahmmm... Sakusa... Sorry about Tsumu... for not showing up.." I started.

"No worries. I.. can always wait..."

"Hmm....."

"I know what you are thinking... That I probably am wasting my time here... or wasting everyone's time..."

"N.. No.. It's not like that."

He sighed and looked at me.

"Can I be blunt with you, Samu?" he asked

"S..Sure.."

"That night we slept together... Atsumu is drunk, but I am not."

I frown.

"That night... When our eyes first met, I know I want him.... When he took off his clothes at my apartment... I really wanted to touch him..."

"So... Something did happe-"

"Actually, nothing really happened... I.. I want him.. But I want him to be mine when we're sober... I want him to remember everything... so I tried all my best to control myself... I just have to make sure... because I'm a little tipsy that time... so I suggested to check the cameras... and yeah... guess I controlled myself... "

"I can't really believe you have the brave face to show yourself after that night, actually..."

"Well... I ought to look for him, Hyogo is large place... and all I know is his name..."

"So how do you find him, then?"

"The fire incident actually leads me to it... Knowing that the shop was own by a Miya... my search began in that area... and one of the shop owners pointed your address... so I quickly build up my mind to... reunite with Atsumu..."

"I know you're sincere, Sakusa- kun...I know, one way or another, Tsumu would actually fall for you... I just can feel it." I reassured him and smiled

"Really?"

"Yes... Anyways... What qualities have you seen from him and all of a sudden that makes you love Atsumu?"

"I.. I don't really know... I just met him that night and... that's it."

"That's... kinda cringe..."

"I just like him.."

"I am actually curious about that... When you asked Mom and Dad for Tsumu's hand... Usually, we say we love other person.. but you just said you like him. How do you even define like, Sakusa?"

He intently looked at me
"I.. don't really know... He... He's always in my mind... I am always thinking about him since that day... I always find myself staring at nothing and smiling... I like that feeling... I have never felt like this with Konami... It's thrilling and exhilarating."

I hummed as my reply

"He's so different from anyone else... I respect and adore him... He may be a loud mouth brat but, I really enjoy listening to his voice, to his whining.. I want him to like me back."

"So, you love Tsumu?"

"I.. I guess so..."

"You want him to like you back the way you like him?"

"Not necessarily. I.. I just want him to like me on his own term, on his own ways..  I want him to know I am willing to wait... That's it."

I smiled and gave him a tap on the shoulder.

"Tsumu would definitely like you, he just needs to know you more . .... I assure you that"

"Hope he show up even once..." he replied as he lowered his head.

He seems to be miserable... I think I looked like this, too... when Rin broke up with me...

"Hey.. Cheer up! Tsumu would come around... okay?" I said trying to sound cheery

He nodded. The room was filled with silence again.

~
From outside the kitchen, the blond is standing behind the door listening to his twin and Sakusa's conversation.. and is smiling to himself.