Painful Reasons

I grabbed his hand as he turned his body away from me.

"Wait! Let's talk, please.. I just need some explanation! I deserve it!"

He sighed and faced me again.

"Please, Rintarō." I begged.

Here we are in the parking lot after I run after Rintarō from the restaurant.

The moment I saw him, I saw no one else except him..

"Osamu.. It's weird that you followed me out here just to hear me explain something I already said. When you got yourself a date whom you just left inside that restaurant."

My eyes widen and my guilt started to grow up in my chest.

Right, I'm with Akaashi...

"We broke up, that's the gist of it. No need for some dramatic explanation" he added.

He tried to shrug off my hands from his arm, but I hold it tighter.

"Speaking of.." he sighed as he looked behind me.

I turned my head to see Akaashi standing there. He's staring at us with shocked face.

He lowered his head.

I... I don't know what to feel at this moment..

I let go of Rin's arm as I wanted to run over to Akaashi to hug him...

"Osamu." Rintarō called

I looked back at my ex to see him staring at me.

"I don't know why or what you're still holding on into. But I already moved on, okay? At the very least, you should do that, too." he said nonchalantly

"It... It's easier said than done, Rin!" I blurted out.

"You know, Osamu... The problem probably is you. You only think of yourself, you're selfish... My feelings for you are long gone.. Let's just say... I deserve someone better." He replied

Those words. are painful... I'm selfish?

"But I lo-"

"Love? Come on. Get real, Osamu.. Love couldn't take you anywhere." he smirked

I wanted to punch him.... I wanted to hurt him... But I can't...I just froze at the moment...

"I... want the truth... Please.. Rin.. It's not like you to say those kind of ruthless words! Come on!" I looked at him with tears in my eyes again

"What? This is the real me." He replied staring back at me.

My heart dropped.

He turned away as I stand there trembling in pain.

"WAIT!!!!"

I hugged him from behind...
"Please! Rin! I... need ....you..."

"Well, I don't feel the same way." he said removing my arms around him

"What makes you do this,ha?!? I have been thinking! Are you parents have something to-"

He faced me with stern face

"My parents may give me orders, but I can think on my own.".

"Come on, Osamu. Do you really think, I'll fall for someone like you? You're so naive." he continued

"Think! You're smart... I just used you for my advantage."

"Life is composed of only two people, the smart (he pointed at me with his index finger), and the smarter one (he smirked)"

"Well, a smart one can be the dumb one, too... That makes you the dumb one I guess.." He added as he tilted his head a little.

Is this for real? I mean...

"Would this be enough for you? I thought I shouldn't bother myself saying it because probably you figured it out... but sorry that I didn't realized, you're so blinded by what you call love..."

Each word strikes me like a thousand needles... I froze..

I stared at him... at his blank expression. He isn't the Rintarō I used to love... He... He isn't... No... This is not Rin...

My eyes clouded with pain and tears....

"That's more than enough!!!!" He said as he stood between me and Rin...

Akaashi

"You said more than enough! You... shouldn't hurt Samu more.. The damage you have done to him is beyond imaginable already!" he shouted loudly that it filled the parking lot.

All I could see is Akaashi's back facing me... and I couldn't see Rin's reaction...

"Stop hurting, Samu.... Stop it...." His voice is trembling and his shoulders are going up and down...

Is he angry or is he crying? I couldn't really tell.

Rin turned away casually as Akaashi and I were left standing in the cold lot, not facing each other...

"Akaashi.. I'm so-"

"Please, don't... I agreed on this friendly date... I can't complain to you..."

"I-"

"Samu.. I don't regret anything coming to dinner with you..."

"I'm sorry that you have to deal with your ex tonight..."

"I truly am sorry." He said as he faced me with disappointment on his expression.

"Akaashi..."

"I'll take you home." He added and tried to smile but failed.

I brushed away my tears with my arms and looked at him.

"Akaashi..I-"