Chapter 26 - Cliffhanger.

"Oh my goodness.." We all whispered as we gazed down at the lot.

We all stood there for a while, then sat at the end of the cliff to gaze at the bright lights. All we heard were a few car horns, and the ocean breeze from behind us. It was the most beautiful thing that we'd ever seen. As for Kimberly, Jacob, Chresanto, Craig, and Rayan, they gazed at it a little more harder. They haven't seen an actual "city" in over 8 years, so this was more of an amazement to them than it was to us. What struck them at odd is that after all of these years, they had no clue that there was a city right behind us.

But the problem was, we sat off of a cliff that was over a 1000 ft tall. It was certain death if we stepped foot off of it.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Craig jumped. "Lets start making our way down there!"

"Are you kidding me? Look at how high in the air we are!" Cici shouted as she put her palm out over the cliff. "And I already estimated it. I'm a math geek.......we're death sure if we try to jump down there. We'd probably wind up dying in the air from falling so high. Literally."

"Well, how about we try to make a rope that-"

"No, Jacob." Jazz laughed as she shook her head. "We can't make a rope thats 1,000 feet long."

"Fuck." Chresanto growled in frustration. "Our freedom is right there. Right fucking there!"

"Come on. Lets start walking off of this side of the mountain before we hurt ourselves.." Cici groaned as we all made our way down the mountain.

We made the long walk [which was a short walk compared to the other side of the rocky mountain.] down the rocky mountain that led to the waterfall, then made the 15 minute walk to the house. We walked inside and told Adrianne what we seen, and she didn't believe us at first. Our demeanor however, erased any doubts that she had.

Cici slept in the room with our half. (Which included me, Cierra, Janyra, Nina, and and Khamil.) But after seeing that other side of the rocky mountains, we could barely sleep. What we were also wondering about, was how Cici survived. Also, where she'd been staying for the last 7 or 8 months.

"When Simba threw you halfway across the world, where did you go?" I asked. "Also, how did you get back here?"

"I was thrown onto another side of the mountain. And survived." Cici said in a serious tone. "After I was thrown in the air, I blacked out. Where we are is just on a large mountainous island. It's fairly large and it circles all around Aruba. I landed on another part that was completely vacant. Totally vacant. I was forced to start my own fires, sleep alone, all of that extra stuff. Finally one day, I decided to walk up the mountain to see where it led. When I got up there and seen what I saw, I seen you guys down in the lower part. That's how I walked down and found you guys to show you what I had seen."

"So......we're actually on a circlish island?" Nina asked.

"Yeah. But what really need to figure out is how to get down that cliff..." Cici sighed as she turned around and prepared for sleep.

For a month, we tried to figure out multiple things on how to get down the island. We even tried Jacob's dumb idea on making a rope to get down the mountain, but the rope didn't cover a 4th of the island. We threw notes down the island, we threw sticks, rocks, etc. to get someone's attention, but nothing was working. We all even considered preparing to climb down the mountain, but none of us were brave enough to do it.

Climbing down a slide and climbing down a 1000 foot cliff is a complete difference.

What I also noticed, is that Cierra and Jacob seemed to be becoming a little closer. Cierra often offered to watch Gia on days he wanted to spend some time outside of the house while Adrianne hunted with Lilyana. However, I never thought anything of it. Since I was the only girl on the island who didn't seem to get any type of boy attention, I figured that my jealousy might be leading my thoughts onto another path.