Chapter 21 - "My only sunshine."

I took a break in the middle of the long interview along with everyone else. Still, I wasn't in a normal state of mind. After being stuck on an island for 5 years, I didn't recognize a majority of the things that people were using. iPhone this, Galaxy that, and all of these other cell phone items that I wasn't familiar with. I only recognized half of the flip phones since we were coming out of that era when I went missing in that plane crash.

I sat one of the airport lunchroom and spent $20 on a sandwich that probably would've cost me $5 dollars at Subway. I didn't care, though. I no longer cared about "prices". I no longer cared if I ate the same food for three weeks straight. I didn't care if someone bumped into me and didn't even bother to say "excuse me" or "could you please move". All I cared about was being in safety. Being around different people. Being able to breathe my air.

Overall, I was just happy to be off that island. Still, I haven't came close to forgetting the tragedy that was left there.

On day 302, Jacob still was unconscious. The old man was also growing sick, but we all figured that it was because of old age. We all sat miserably in the freezing cold weather in agony of what we'd been through for the last few days. We all weren't talking, interacting, nothing. I decided to place my battery into my phone, and call the police again. I, along with the others, were growing highly impatient.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"We're still on this fucking island!" I yelled, losing my mind. "You said that you'd get us some help! You said that you'd search for us! You said that you'd be here, but you're-"

*Beep beep beep*

"Hello?"

My phone had went dead. I shivered from the winds as I glanced at my phone, and began to bawl my eyes out. No more connections, no more police, no more nothing. I slid my head into the snow as everyone came around me, and began to comfort me. However it was too late. What did we all do to deserve this? Why us? Why couldn't we just go home? Why?

"I'll go um....get us some food." Janyra moaned as she stood up and made her way to the woods.

Janyra had walked into the woods to slay some owl. She seen one inside of the tree as she held a stick, and tried to stick it. The owl gave her a "what the fuck" type look as she failed to catch it over and over. Out of nowhere, something tackled her onto the ground, sending her flying into the grass.

It was Simba. He looked a little older, and the scar from the stick was still on his back.

"Simba!!!" Janyra shouted in shock as she hugged him back. He started licking her neck and all over her face as she giggled through the whole thing.

"Roooaaaarrrrrr!" Simba wailed out in the woods in happiness.

"Where have you been?"

Simba turned behind him, and his family walked behind him. He had a lady tiger, his old cub that was fairly small, and his newest cub that was a baby. Janyra smiled as she walked up to all of them, and started rubbing them on their heads.

"You have a family, Simba?" Janyra smiled.

"Cheep. Cheep." His infant cub said as his mother held him by his neck.

"Wow. Well I guess I'll....leave you guys alone-"

"Roooooo.." Simba groaned as he placed his paw on her shoe. Suddenly his family began to jog the opposite way where they came from.

"You want me to come with you?" Janyra smiled.

"Grrrr." Simba cheered in his many tiger tone.

"Alright, little fella!" Janyra smiled as they walked alongside each other. "We have some catching up to do, anyway."

Meanwhile, Janyra and Rayan bathed inside of the frigid waters. The minute they got done, they ran inside of the hut and bundled under the small tiger rug. It wasn't thick enough, but it was warmer than being naked in the bare cold. They were huddling up and shivering, until their body heat started to spread and build throughout the blanket. Their shivering, soon stopped after 2 minutes of warming up. Afterwards, they took a deep sigh as they sat in each others warmth.

"Woo. I am never leaving this blanket." Rayan laughed as he placed the side of his head on Jaelyn's.

"Yeah. Me neither." Jaelyn nodded as she looked at Rayan. "Do you think that Jacob's gonna make it?"

"What?"

"Well, Kimberly said that he wasn't going to make it." Rayan sighed.

"He's stronger than all of us." Jaelyn nodded. "He sat in the freezing cold naked for almost 8 hours just so that Gia could be as warm as she could. Gabi didn't even make it through that and she had on all clothing."

"Yeah. Poor thing. Gabi won't have a father if she died."

"Speaking of a baby, don't you think that we should make one?" Jaelyn winked.

"Girl, you funny."

"No I'm serious." She said in a serious tone. Rayan looked over at her, and seen the seriousness in her face.

"Jaelyn, we can't have no kids out here. I mean look at us. We can barely survive ourselves." Rayan said in a bummed tone.

"I know it's just......Jacob's relationship with Gia is so cute.."

"I know but think about it. Jacob had to strip himself down just to make sure that Gia stayed warm." Rayan said in a serious tone. "Jacob and Adrianne weren't thinking about the conditions in this beach. Maybe when we go home we can think about it. Okay?"

"Yeah. You're right." Jaelyn nodded. "I'm sorry, Rayan."

By night, Kimberly let Adrianne come in to visit Jacob. He was still bundled under blankets, (which wasn't helping him.) and he still wasn't moving. Kimberly looked over at Adrianne as she held and rocked Gia back and forth. Lilyana, was sleep inside of the hut with the others. Gia was dangling her head around as she looked everywhere, and Adrianne was still looking at Jacob in a saddened way, hoping that he would get better.

"I'll leave you alone while I make her a bottle." Kimberly nodded as she went into her kitchen.

"Wait! I'll come in there with you." Adrianne nodded as she placed Gia onto the bed with Jacob, and rushed out.

Gabi was laying on top of Jacob's chest, as she used her little amount of strength to lift herself up and look around. The minute her head softly plopped onto Jacob's chest, she started to cry over and over. She was inhaling softly as her crying got worse, when suddenly someone placed their index finger into her mouth as a pacifier.

It was Jacob. His eyelids were still dark from the freezing, and his lips were still a little blue. He slowly used his weak muscles to pull a little bit of blanket over her body. Though he didn't have enough strength, he used his right hand to slowly rub her back to help her sleep. Gia sniffed and sniffed from her crying as she sucked on Jacob's finger.

"You're my s-sunshine, my o-only sunshine. Y-you make m-me happy, w-w-when skies are g-gray. You'll never k-know dear, how much I l-love you....p-please don't take, m-my sunshine a-away.." Jacob sung to her, still freezing cold from when he sat out all night.

He looked down at Gia, and she was sound asleep as her tiny mouth sucked on the index of his finger. Gia wasn't hungry at all. All she wanted, was to hear her fathers voice.