💖New💖 || Yumarkwin

Sorry it's been, what, a month! This was requested by YANGyangese hope you like it!

Yuta, since becoming an adult, has never acted childlike. It came as a surprise to him when he started feeling that way. Childlike. It wasn't a sudden change but growing feelings. He couldn't pinpoint what those feelings were, he couldn't understand why he felt the way he felt. Especially when he didn't feel like him.
Suddenly, all things girly seemed way more appealing than pants, cologne, short hair, or other typical "boy" things. Suddenly, there were times he wanted to play with dolls and put pretty accessories in his hair and wear pastels. Most of the time, Yuta just ignored those feelings and dealt with the headaches that came with doing so.
He was starting to think he needed some help.

While hanging out once, Mark and Sicheng had come across a program about a thing called "little space". They watched the entire thing, intrigued by the coping method. They had both, since watching the program, thought about becoming caregivers. The two wanted to become caregivers.
For Mark, there were no problems with becoming a caregiver. For Sicheng, there was only a small hiccup. His boyfriend, Yuta. He didn't know how Yuta would react to him wanting to be a caregiver. There was a good chance that he would be supportive, but Sicheng still had baseless doubts. But there was nothing else to do but talk to Yuta about it.
Sicheng called Mark and told him to come over to help. He thought that if Yuta's best friend and boyfriend talked to him about it, they would get a more positive response. Yuta and Mark both working as computer engineers under the same company made it easier for Mark to get to their house. Sicheng, a businessman, had the day off.
When the usual time for Yuta to get home rolled around, Sicheng's alarm went off. He always took naps on his off days. No sooner had he moved to the living room had the front door opened and Mark and Yuta came in. "We're home!" Yuta called. The two walked into the living room to see Sicheng sprawled out on the couch, face down.
"Hi," he said, lifting his face from the cushion. "Did you just wake up?" his lover asked, knowing about his usual nap. Sicheng gave Yuta a thumbs up as Mark finally spoke. "So, are we gonna talk to him?" Sitting up with a sigh, the still sleepy male looked from Mark to Yuta. "I guess we should..." Yuta was confused but he'd made up his mind to tell them about his situation.
"Can I say something first?" Yuta asked uncertainly. "Of course," Sicheng said. "You have the floor," Mark chimed. Taking a deep breath, Yuta explained what he'd been feeling recently. "So, I need some help figuring this out... I don't know if you can help, but just having someone else know helps a bit."
For reasons unknown to him, the other two had smiles on their faces that only seemed to grow. "You guys are smiling... Why? Aren't you weirded out?" Mark and Sicheng immediately shook their heads. "It's not weird, not at all! We should've seen it coming what with all the overworking we all do!" Again, Yuta was confused.
"Have you ever heard of little space?"

After Sicheng and Mark explained to Yuta what little space is and that they wanted to be caregivers, what had been happening started making sense. "That explains a lot. But what about the "girly" stuff?" The three thought for a minute, trying to make sense of it. "Well," Mark started.
"Since little space is a different headspace from your everyday one, I assume certain things can change or differ between the two, like gender, if that makes sense?" "That makes perfect sense," Sicheng said with a smile. "So... You're saying, when I regress, I'm a... girl? I mean, it makes sense but it's a little strange, isn't it?"
The two reassured Yuta that there was nothing strange about his headspace, then came the next question. "Have you ever given in to your headspace? Or lost control and slipped?" For some reason, the curious faces of his best friend and boyfriend made that familiar feeling come back. "No. I usually just ignore it..."
"That's not good, Yuta. Has anything happened because of that?" Suddenly, Yuta felt small under the worried stares of Mark and Sicheng. "Headaches..." he said quietly, avoiding eye contact. "Next time, tell us and we'll take care of you!" Mark nodded along with Sicheng's words. Yuta looked up, the warm smiles of the others giving him courage.
This time he let the feeling take over, his mind going fuzzy, all tension leaving his body. Curiosity filled the little one's eyes as she looked at the familiar strangers. "Hello, I'm Yu-Yu!" she said with a wave and a smile that melted Mark and Sicheng's hearts. "Hi, Yu-Yu! I'm Sicheng, Yuta's boyfriend, and this is Mark, his best friend! We're gonna be taking care of you, is that okay?"
Yu-Yu nodded, looking around at the room. "Yuta doesn't let me play when I want to... Yuta don't like me," she said, her eyes settling back on Sicheng and Mark. "Yuta just didn't know you wanted to play, hun. Now that he knows who you are, I bet you'll be able to play a lot more!" Mark said, bringing Yu-Yu's smile back.
Her smile brought smiles to Mark and Sicheng's faces. The three made a quick run to the toy store, going straight home so Yu-Yu could color and play with the pretty dolls. For the rest of the day and many more to come, the two caregivers got to know Yu-Yu and helped make her feel safe and loved.