Chapter 16 ― Having A Ball

***140 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 17***

Hey hey!! Crutial chapter in the story, so I wont say much. Just know that if I get the votes asked during the weekend, I wont be able to update, because its prom and Ill be very very busy :) I hope you enjoy! (sorry for no apostrophes in the AN, someone changed the settings on the key board and I cant find it :O)

_______________________________

CHAPTER 16

HAVING A BALL

I did as the Doctor said and walked out a moment later in the dress and a borrowed from the costume room pair of white heels. I even tried myself at putting make up on. The result wasn’t terrible. I was a little nervous since the dress that I did pick out kind of had a rather deep V. But I reminded myself that the Doctor had already seen much more of me than my cleavage.

“Hey,” I smiled warmly to him as I joined him at the controls.

“You look... gorgeous, AJ. Absolutely beautiful,” he said, looking in awe at me.

My cheeks immediately flushed red.

“You don’t look half bad yourself,” I replied.

He proudly arranged his black bow tie and straightened his black blazer.

“Why thank you,” he smirked.

“Where exactly are you taking me, Doctor?”

“To a party! On the planet Youthilosia more precisely. Every year, they invite people from different planets to a party to celebrate the fact that they rank number one in the most peaceful planets. They’ve never had a war, no crimes in the city, no corruption, nothing! Just the perfect place. I received an invite a few years ago, but never got to going. Always too busy with something else as usual.”

“Sounds lovely,” I said, but on the inside, I was a tad disappointed. I was looking for adventure like before. Were there was nonstop running for our lives and someone trying to kill us. That was the adrenaline rush I felt I needed and Youthilosia seemed like the last place I was going to get that.

Coordinates in, the Doctor sent us flying. I held on to the rail as we shook violently. Oh, how I missed this! Moments later, everything was still again and we made our way to the door. The Doctor opened it for me and gestured like a gentleman that I walk out first. And my jaw dropped as I took a look outside.

Everywhere I looked, twinkling lights were hung up beautifully to match the stars in the deep purple night sky. Hedges as tall as a house lead us directly from the landing zone to the castle at the end of the small trail that simply took my breath away. As big as you can imagine, made of a sort of purple stone, every window was light with a yellow welcoming glow. I was completely stunned by the whole scene, that when the Doctor placed a hand on my waist, I jumped in surprise.

“Come on, we better go in. It’s a little chilly out,” he said and started to lead me to the castle.

The night was going perfectly. Dancing and chatting, nothing could go wrong it seemed. A nice gentleman that looked half cat and half human politely asked me for a dance and I gracefully accepted, flattered.

We danced to a song, making small talk and by the end, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see the Doctor, looking a tad red in the cheeks. Had he drank? Or was he blushing?