Chapter 8 ― First Date

*** 90 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 9***

Hey hey! I'm so happy I got so many votes on the last chapter! 99 to be exact :D This chapter is a little less eventful though - a lot less - but it's still important :)

Heads up, I only have 17 chapter's writen at the moment and I'm a little side tracked with this other project I've been working on, so by the 10th chapter posted, I might put Break Me on hold :/ If I do, I'll try to bring it back really fast and I will be posting something else (my current project) at the same time so you guys will still have something of mine to read. The max time I'll put it on hold is a month, after a month, I'll force myself back into it if I have to.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'm sorry about maybe putting this on hold :/

____________________________________________

CHAPTER 8

FIRST DATE

Things had been… odd since I slept with Jack. He was completely casual about it and acted like it never happened while I was having a hard time being around him, feeling embarrassed about it. I shouldn’t be embarrassed about it, but I was. The truth is, I liked Jack a lot, more than I would ever tell him, and I could see myself trying to be happy with him, but there was one thing that I could not get out of my head. A very funny man in a red bow tie. I still loved the Doctor. I didn’t think I would ever stop loving him. As much as I wanted to be happy, I would think of him and be miserable.

But Leonardo’s arrest gave me a new sense of freedom and maybe just enough to tear myself away from my feelings for the man who left me here. That’s why, once all the members of Torchwood were gone for the day, I left my room to make my way up to the head quarters where Jack was in his office, looking over some papers.

I smiled warmly to him as I knocked on the glass door and he invited me in.

“Hey, AJ, how are you?” he asked, smiling back.

“I’m good… I actually came up here to ask you something,” I said, my cheeks flushing red.

“Oh really?”

“Yes… I was wondering if tomorrow, you maybe wanted to go out for dinner,” I finally managed to say, my throat getting tight with panic as I was sure he’d say no.

He seemed a little surprised for a second, then his smile grew three times bigger.

“You mean like a date?” he asked, a little mockingly.

“If you want,” I shrugged, trying to seem nonchalant.

“AJ, I would love to,” he answered happily.

“Oh, hum, great then!” I smiled.

“Does eight o’clock sound good to you? I’ll tell Ianto not to bring you dinner at seven.”

“Sounds perfect.”

After that, I walked out of his office and quickly made my way back to my room. I was very surprised with myself. I had asked out Jack on a date! He didn’t ask me, I asked him. And he said yes. It seemed all so surreal in my mind.

The next day, at nine, I sat at Jack’s desk in head quarters, dying with boredom and disappointment. I had came up around 7:45 to have Jack tell me that there was an emergency and that he had to leave right away, but that he would try to be back soon enough to make our date about 8:30. Ianto brought me a cup of tea and I sat in a slightly too big blue dress Gwen had given me, waiting patiently for him to come back.

Finally, the entrance door opened and the whole gang came in ending with Jack. He came running towards me and took my hand.

“Guys, get working on the case’s folder, I have a date!” he said happily as he pulled me out of Torchwood.

They all gave us a surprised look and I could have sworn I saw a little jealousy on Gwen’s face. Wasn’t she getting married?

“Sorry it took longer than planned. You look beautiful by the way,” he said once we were outside.

“Its ok and thank you,” I answered with my cheeks turning slightly red.

He brought me up to the ground floor and took me to the side walk where we started to walk, hand in hand.

“I thought we’d go there by foot, it’s not that far and you can use the excise, you stay cooped up in the room all the time. You should really go for walks when it’s sunny out, you’ll get sick if you don’t get more vitamin D,” he talked casually as we strolled.

“That could be a good idea... I guess I’m just scared,” I answered, looking down at my feet.

“Scared of what?”

“Everything maybe. What could happen, what’s out there, being alone.”

“You never have to be alone, AJ.”

“Thanks...” I replied, taking comfort in his words.

It felt silent for a little while and we turned a corner to a busy street with a lot of people walking around. I glued myself closer to Jack, because I didn’t feel safe. Sensing my discomfort, he let go of my hand to wrap his arm around my waist. Something as simple has that made a big difference and I was able to get my breathing back to normal.

Eventually, we reached a little dinner. We walked in to find a kind of 80s theme. I was surprised, because I thought Jack would take me somewhere fancier, but I was relieved to be in such a casual place. We sat down at a booth together and Jack smiled at the waitress.

“They’ve got the best pizza in town,” he grinned at me.

I smiled back as the waitress took Jack’s order for the both of us. Everything seemed so simple and fun.

And it was in that little dinner that for the first time in months, I felt like things were going to be ok.

*** 90 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 9***