Chapter 12 ― The Runaway

***100 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 13***

Hey hey! So I feel like a lot of you are going to be angry with me in this chapter... So know that I LOVE Jack! He's awesome and I don't mean to make him look bad, but for the story to work, well, it had to be done :/

_______________________________

CHAPTER 12

THE RUNAWAY

Things had become... intense – emotionally speaking. My whole world was upside down after the revelation of who my parents really were and that I had a twin sister.

I was happy about it. I hated the way things ended the last time I saw them, but I really was happy. I was mad at myself for getting mad at them, I had no business getting angry at them for no rescuing me, I was in shock. Now I knew how wrong I was.

I managed to call up Amy, getting her number with the help of Torchwood, and apologized for yelling at everyone. She was so delighted with my call and it made me feel like she really was my mum. She asked if I would like to move in with them since they had an extra room. I politely declined, wanting to stay at Torchwood some more, but that I would call her every now and then. And she ended the call saying that she loves me and misses me. That only brought tears to my eyes. I told her in return that I loved and missed her too and when I hung up, I found myself really missing her. And Rory too. Should I start calling them mum and dad?

I guess that once I got into the idea of them being my parents, it kind of just became something that was normal in my mind. What was still so vague and interesting of the things I discovered was that I was half Time Lord.

I thought of all the possibilities – regeneration and living for hundreds of years. It all seemed so exciting! I had Owen run some test since he was the medical expert of the place and sure enough, I physically looked a lot like a human as Time Lords do, but had some different components in my DNA. It all seemed a little surreal to me, but I was happy about it.

I asked Jack how he felt dating a half alien and he said he was ecstatic which made me laugh.

Things with Jack were going rather well. We had been on more dates and I spent most of my night up stairs, chatting with him. I hadn’t gotten to having sex with him again yet, but I could feel myself getting more secure about it.

That’s why, a Saturday night around 2 am, I left my bed after not being able to sleep to surprise him with my sudden willingness. I really felt like I wanted to and was feeling adventuress.

I went up the elevator that happened to be a very silent elevator to Head Quarters. Once there, I saw the light still on in Jack’s office which didn’t put me off one bit, he practically never sleeps. I was getting closer to his office when I saw some strange movement from inside. I got closer to see through the glass walls.

Tears rose up to my eyes at once and I ran away before anyone could see me. I called the elevator back up and went back to my room.

All I saw was... well, Jack and Ianto... Being more than just friends. I felt betrayed and hurt and angry and depressed.

Crying angry tears, I grabbed the blanket on my bed, threw all my clothes onto the blanket and wrapped them inside. I picked it up and went back to the elevator to go back to the Head Quarters and this time, I went right to the door, not caring at all of being seen.

I went out into the street and realized it was freezing out, but that didn’t stop me. I was walking with angry and determined steps as far as I could, but I heard the door open and closer and a hand on my shoulder a moment later.

“AJ, please,” Jack said, trying to stop me from leaving.

“Fuck off, Jack! Get away from me!” I yelled at him.

“I... I don’t know what to say... I’m so sorry,” he said sadly.

“Apology not accepted, bastard!” I snapped at him coldly.

“At least wait until tomorrow to leave,” he insisted. “You’ll freeze and you don’t even know where you’re going.”

“False, I’m going to my parent’s place.”

He sighed deeply and took out his wallet. He then handed me a $100 bill.

“For the train,” he explained.

I stared at it, not sure to accept his money, but I realized I wasn’t going anywhere without it, so I grabbed it out of his hand.

“Thanks...” I said reluctantly.

“I really am sorry, you know. I like you a lot and I messed up.”

“Well, you should of thought of that before you fucked someone else!”

And I turned my back to him to make my way towards the train station alone.

I knocked on the door, it was maybe about 6 in the morning and no one was going to be up. But I knocked and I continued to knock before the door swung open with a “what the fuck do you want at this time!?”

Amy’s eyes landed on me and she smiled.

“Does the offer to move in still stand?” I asked.