Chapter 15 ― Get Here Already

***150 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 16***

Hey hey! So I didn't really know how many votes to ask, because you guys haven't been ver constant haha but I got 167 votes on the last chapter and my jaw just fell to the floor! I didn't even realize I have that many reading this! Thank you sooooo much! :D I hope 150 isn't asking too much ^^

_______________________________________________ 

 CHAPTER 15

GET HERE ALREADY

The next day, I woke up two hours earlier than usual. I looked into the guest room's closet that had been my closet since I moved in to look for a bag of some sorts. I ended up finding a backpack and I stuffed as much clothes into it as possible. I knew he said just one last trip, but I was hoping I could convince him for more.

I went down the stairs to the kitchen where Amy was having her morning coffee. 

"Hey, you're up early," she said.

"Yeah. I felt like going to a walk," I nervously lied as I hid my backpack behind my back.

I didn't want to let her know the Doctor was picking me up. What if she wanted to tag along? The Doctor said it would be just us two, I couldn't tell Amy right in her face to that she couldn't come. The plan was to say I was going for a walk, have the Doctor pick me up and drop me back off moments after he came to get me. That way, she would never know and so would Rory.

"Oh, well, ok.  Do you mind picking up some milk at the same time? We're running out," she asked nonchalantly.

"Oh, ok, but I might be gone for a long while. I'm planning and going all the way to that little dress boutique across town. Not to buy anything, but, you know, just to look around."

"You know what? You should have a dress for special occasions, something formal," she stated, going through her purse to find her wallet.

"No, that's ok. I wouldn't know what to buy anyways," I said, trying to get out of actually having to go.

"It's Christmas in a few weeks and you're going to need a dress for Christmas dinner. I'm sure you'll find something fabulous," she smiled, handing me some money.

I felt a little bad, because she had already gave me money to buy clothes the day before, but I guessed there was no getting out of this one. Good thing I got up early. It was going to take me and hour and a half to get to shop.

"Thanks," I smiled reluctantly.

And with that, I walked out of the house to start my long walk, still holding my backpack behind my back to avoid her from seeing it. Thank God, Amy is a little fuzzy and unobservant early in the morning. I had originally planned just to go to the park and wait there for a few hours, but now I had to go across town for a formal dress. Great.

Upon arriving to the small boutique, I almost turned around to leave as soon, but I couldn't obviously, so I walked it to be immediately harassed by a sales woman.

Three hours later, carrying a bag of the boutique in my hand, I arrived just in time for noon at the park. I was exhausted by my journey and insisting sale people making me try on all kinds of dresses of all colours. I sat on the bench and waited for the TARDIS to appear, my heart beating loud with excitement of travelling again.

So I waited. And waited. And waited. Until 2:30 in the afternoon and still no sign of him. I began to feel hopeless, thinking that the Doctor had no intention of coming to get me from the start. I got mad that he lied, but the feeling was replaced quickly by a deep sadness. I was feeling absolutely depressed and was barely holding in the tears. It was like being abandoned all over again. At least this time, I had people to fall back on to and I wasn’t completely alone or with a stranger. But that didn’t mean it didn’t hurt any less.

Around 3:30, I was about to give up all hope when a change in the wind woke up my senses. I looked around excitedly, waiting to see the blue box appear at any moment and sure enough, about five meters from the bench I was sitting on, the beautiful time machine did. I ran up to the door and knocked loudly. When the door swung open, I smiled widely at the man inside.

“I thought you weren’t going to show,” I stated.

“I promised, didn’t it?” he replied and checked his watch. “I got the time a bit off, but at least I got the date!” he added, happy with himself.

“Indeed,” I rolled my eyes playfully.

He moved aside to let me into the TARDIS and closed the door behind me. The biggest smile was plastered on my face with the joy of being back where I felt I belonged. I looked at the ground to imagine myself, two years younger, laying over the Doctor wearing nothing but sexy lingerie and a twisted ankle, the first time I even saw him. I walked up to the controls to caress them lightly, playing back in my mind the Doctor running around them, almost dancing as he entered coordinates and set us flying through space and time. Nothing but happy memories to me, piling up in the good things about my life, making the bad things not seem as big. I sighed in satisfaction, turning back to the Doctor who was closely observing my every move.

“I should have taught you how to fly this thing when I had the chance,” he frowned.

“What is that supposed to mean? You could still teach me, I’m willing to learn, Doctor,” I said happily at the idea that I would pilot suck a brilliant piece of Time Lord technology.

“Forget about it,” he shrugged. “Where would you like to go for your one last trip?”

“How am I supposed to know what’s out there to see, I was hoping you’d show me.”

“Ok, I’m guessing you want something alien, so definitely not Earth. Where to go? Where to go...” he asked himself, looking through a list of planet names on his screen.

He didn’t look like he had a clue where to take me. Inside, I was hoping he was being picky, because he wanted to really make this trip count. He arrived at the end of the list and frowned while looking about the room as if what’s around the room could give him an idea. He noticed the boutique bag in my hand and took it to see what was inside, taking out the lime evening dress out.

“Amy made me get a dress for Christmas,” I explained.

His gorgeous face light up as an idea sparked in his mind.

“AJ, get changed!” he ordered, throwing the dress over to me. “I’m taking you dancing!”

***150 VOTES FOR CHAPTER 16***