~Chapter 13~

Chapter 13

Megan left the restaurant and was now off to go to Sam’s flat. With everything going on she just needed a calm and relaxing place to stay and read the letters. The cab ride was not too far away from the restaurant and Megan had no trouble telling the cab driver where to go.

“I can’t believe he just let me leave like that!” Megan said through the phone.

“Wait didn’t you want to leave? What did you want him to do?!” Sam answered back through the phone.

“I don’t know, maybe not run away from him so easily. I thought he cared about me as much as he told me. But I guess not. Wait I’m here already. Can you answer the door?”

“Oh yeah sure. Sorry I got a little caught up,” Sam said apologetically.

Sam opened his flat door and gave Megan a warm smile. Megan did the same and headed inside.

“Hi. I’m so sorry I have to bombard you all of a sudden. I just need a place to say for a couple of hours and then I’ll be out as soon as possible,” Megan explained.

“No, no it’s okay. I had no plans today anyway until dark. Then my day is filled with meetings, meetings, meetings. It’s the least I can do. I um have something to tell you,” Sam responded taking Megan’s luggage to the living room.

Megan took her aching shoes off and sat down on the couch in the living room. She emptied out her bag and took out the letters.

“Do you want a cup of tea or something before um we sit and talk?” Sam asked in a calming tone.

“To be honest, I’ve had enough surprises already today and I just want to get straight through this,” Megan said combing her hand through her hair.

What could be worse than Trevor confessing he likes her, not running after her, and then leaving her to not know what to do next. Megan had been awake for 4 hours but it seems like its been 10.

“Now. I was gonna tell you later. When it will actually come up or something. But my dad’s in trouble. And he had a heart attack including Cardiac Revascularization. He’s not going to get any better and its getting really serious,” Sam explained.

“What!? I didn’t know I’m so sorry. What can I do to help?” Megan said as she gave Sam a hug.

“Well  he told me to tell you something really important. That’s why I said I was so caught up on the phone. Megan, my dad is your uncle,” Sam confessed.

_______

The night caught on and Megan felt absolutely defenseless and confused. She didn’t know what to do now that she knows that her uncle is sick and that Sam was her step cousin. All she could think about was to find some way to try to help her uncle. She knew it wasn’t impossible for him to get well but she knew that Cardiac Revascularization was one of the most expensive medical conditions to pay off. Sam couldn’t have been able to have that kind of money even with help from his relatives. Megan already gave her uncle a call but he didn’t want her to worry about him and the cost too much. He had already accepted the fact that he was going to die sooner or later and in his case much sooner if he doesn’t get surgery. Being Megan she knew that she wouldn’t let her uncle just die like that knowing she could help out, so she decided to put all the money that she would get from the painting towards the surgery for her uncle. She already lost her aunt and she wasn’t going to lose another relative so soon. The only person she told was Sam and it took a long time to convince him to finally agree for her to pay her part.

“Are you sure you want to do this Megan?” Sam asked Megan again.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I? I’ll be back soon with the money oh and please go back to London with your dad. He needs you more than ever right now,” Megan begged as she was almost out the door.

“I’ll plan the trip back there tonight. Promise. I don’t know how to thank you enough for what you’re doing. Have a safe trip,” Sam said giving his last farewell to Megan.

Megan headed to find a cab and was on her way towards the train station.

~Author's Note~

Sorry for the lack of updates, but anyways this a quick chapter. The future chapters are going to be longer, I just wanted to update today so yeah! Enjoy! Please comment and vote and yeah! Everyone who lives in the cities where the #BetterLuckNextTime tour is going is so lucky. I live in Chicago, so I am trying to convince my parents it would be a good idea to visit one of the states. Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed the story!

My twitter is: @ballerina1413, so if you want to ask stuff about the story, talk about Trevor, and what not, hit me up there!