~Chapter 10~

Chapter 10

Morning had reached upon them and all Megan could see was the shine shining brightly in her face from the window. Megan squinted her eyes and rubbed them to get a clearer view of the day. The one thing she absolutely dreaded was waking up early in the morning. But that morning was much better than how she was feeling the night before. Last night was absolutely dreadful and uttermost tiring for her. It still crosses her mind in wonder how she got on with most of her day without much sleep. This summer she planned on sleeping late, waking up late, and the routine continuing. Definitely the first thing she was going to do as soon as she got on the train was sleep, sleep, eat, and sleep some more. She could barely remember anything from the night before. Well everything after she saw Trevor again at the Place de Concorde. After remembering seeing him she wished she didn't remember that. The mere thought of him made her want to scream. The checked the alarm clock by her bedside reading “5:00” and fell back to bed pulling the covers above her head. She really didn’t want to get up. The bags that formed in her eyes made it look like she hadn’t been sleeping in days when in reality she was just extremely exhausted from last night. So many questions filled her head like how did she get home last night, or what happened to Sam but they just slipped her mind for a moment when she was stuck in between the world of sleep and reality. Sleep would have been the best option in her case. Megan finally got out bed and decided to wash up before the long ride to Cannes. It was four hours from Paris she believed. Just as she was about to go to the bathroom she looked back at the couch and could see Sam still sleeping like a baby. What is he doing here? Megan thought. She decided to wake him up after she got ready considering he might need the sleep anyway. Megan went into the bathroom, brushed her hair, brushed her teeth, washed her face, took a quick shower, changed into a pair of new clothes from her suitcase and then looked for food that was laying around in some fruit basket or something.

So there she sat feeling fresh and renewed from her horrible feeling last night taking another bite from an apple that she did find in a fruit basket in her room conveniently, observing the human nature of sleep otherwise known as Sam sleeping peacefully. She would hate to see her ruin that. But then again she had to know how she got here and thank him again for everything he had done. She glanced at the clock yet again and could see that it read 5:20.

“Sam, Sam,” Megan said in a softer voice trying to wake him up. “Sammmmmm,” she said again until he finally woke up. She concluded he was a light sleeper after all.

“Oh hey sorry I’m up now. Did I make you late or something? Sorry this was really short notice,” he said rushing in his words as he sat in a sitting position on the couch.

“No, no, not at all I’ve already gotten ready I just wanted to wake you up so we could talk more before I leave for my train ride. Here I made you coffee, let’s chat,” Megan said handing Sam the cup of coffee she prepared for him earlier.

“Oh yeah, sure. Thank you,” he answered back setting the blankets aside and taking the warm coffee from her hands.

“Thank you so much for taking me around by the way. It’s very kind of you,” Megan said with a smile as she took another sip from her coffee; coffee and apples are the perfect way to start your day right.

“No problem. I wanted to show you the city the first time you were around so it’s great that you finally got the opportunity to see it now. Hopefully if there will be a next time I could invite the rest of the crew and we could all show you the amazing spots that really highlight the beauty and mystery of this place. Maybe when there’s no strings attached,” Sam said returning the smile.

“I would love that. Hopefully you guys will still be here and I can find you in random areas of Paris again,” Megan replied. “So how did I end up back in my hotel room?”

“Oh that. Um well you fainted right in midst of talking to Trevor and I. You fell into Trevor’s arms and then we called a cab and then we took you back here. I just didn't want to leave so abruptly since you were leaving so early in the morning. Trevor just told me to sleep here on the couch. Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?” Sam asked going into another seating position.

“Well I’m not too sick that I can’t simply walk around from place to place. I just thought at that moment that I could do that. You really don’t need to worry about me though it only happens occasionally if I’m really tired,” Megan responded.

“You got me really worried,” Sam said. “I hate to bother you, but do you have serious sickness?”

“What? Why do you think that?” Megan asked with a cough.

“I’m not going to look at you a different way I was just wondering considering your symptoms,” Sam stated. “My father’s a doctor and he dealt with patients like you and I just didn’t want to ask you like this.”

“But you did anyways,” Megan said with a sigh. “Okay, yes, I have a heart problem. I’ve had it ever since I was five and I didn’t want to tell anyone because it made me seem weak ever and different from everyone else in my school. So I just kept it between my family and I and well I guess now you know,” said Megan setting her coffee aside.

“I’m sorry I didn’t want to force this upon you. I didn’t want you to feel bad about yourself. I should probably go,” Sam said getting up from the couch.

“No, it’s fine. I’d rather share it with you than anyone of my so called friends back home or Trevor the most. Just promise me you won’t tell anybody else like from our group of friends. I just don’t--” Megan said interrupted by Sam.

“Yeah I promise I won’t tell anyone else especially Trevor. It’ll be between you and me I swear, you can count on me,” Sam replied. “I have to be on my way anyways, I have classes around 12 and I have to meet up with some people in about an hour.”

“Yeah, of course. See you soon then?” Megan said.

“Yeah see you soon. Have a safe train ride and nice trip as well,” Sam answered back collecting his things and heading out the door.

“Thanks so much again!” Megan said giving Sam a quick hug to say goodbye.

Megan went back to go to her bed again and continue packing her things in her suitcase. Her phone started to buzz and ring until she picked it up from her bag. On the phone it read it was an unknown caller but she answered anyways.

“Hello? Who is this?”

“Megan? It’s your Uncle Oliver. I’m just calling to check up on you and how you were doing,” her uncle stated from the other end of the line.

“Yes, yes it’s me. Sorry I’ve just been really busy. I’m currently packing up right now to go on a train to Cannes. It’s quite a long ride so I’ll call you when I get there. I’m just telling you know so you don’t worry about me later on. Overall Paris has been lovely and I’m having a good and safe time.” Megan answered back lying through her teeth.

“Okay, okay that’s good. I’ll hear from you soon then. Goodbye. Hope you have a safe train ride,” Oliver answered back ending the phone call right afterwards.

Megan checked her contacts and thought there was no one she added except her house phone but then one name was listed under the letter S. It stated "Sam"

~Author's Note~

Hello fellow readers and Dougies! Um, so this will be the only update this week because I don't have time the rest of the week to update, just a bunch of stuff in general is going on right now. But anyways, Trevor is performing at Six Flags in Texas and I can't go see him because I live in Chicago, so yeah. :( Okay, hope this chapter was okay.